Treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
so far Violet's had three kinds of treats,

Vanilla and Orange Yogurt drops

Treatsters(kaytee) Apple Raisin

and

Gummy Fruits(Super Pet) green, yellow and reddish orange.

any other treats she might like? i keep hearing about Craisins, can she have raisins?

thanks for the help!

Anna

P.S. i put some pics of her(and the cats) in our blog here...http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=30783&forum_id=6if you want to see them!

You could give her tiny pieces of apple, banana, pear, any fruit that is on the list that is stickied at the top of the page.

I believe grapes are on that list, but I would check if I were you. craisins and anything dried liek that should be given in very small quantities because they can contain a lot of sugar.

Gotcha! ooohhhh, yes, little miss does know the joys of fresh fruits/veggies. her fav. is banana, but she's had carrot, apple, broccoli, and suger snap peas! i was just wondering what store bought stuff they liked and what was a dud(or not good for them!)

Anna

Fruits should really be treats, with the vegetables making up the healthy diets.

Fruits are the healthiest treat you can probably find, although, in this house, basil is the be all and end all of yummy food, lol.

Some peopel give dried fruit, like banana chips and stuff, but like I said, they are very high in sugar.

Less fruit, more veggies, then? like one fruit for every two veggies, maybe?

Have you read thislink?

It explains what treats are good, and what to feed and how. IF you want your bun to have fresh, then veges are better for meals, and fruit is better for treats (fruit is like sweets, so you wouldn't give a human sweets for every meal, or a sweet for every mouthful of healthy food they took).

Hope that helps a bit :)

Also feeding yogurt drops has been reported in rabbit groups as havingcaused GI stasis to rabbits. People said that their rabbits' intestines completely shut down a couple of hours after eating yogurt drops. When I first read about this, I was astonished! I don't know if any RO Member had such anexperience.

A harmless treat would be a slice or two of fruits that are not high in sugar a couple of times per week. Bunnies get used to whatever they are fed, so they would do fine without high sugar and high protein commercial treats, that could be detrimental to their health longterm-wise.

Marietta

i don't give them to her every day and the most she's had in a day has been 3. she hasn't had any problems with them; but if y'all don't think it's safe for her i'll nix them.

Anna

Latest posts

Back