Treatment Of Ringworm??? &Kindling problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekcip5

Reaction score
Need some help here. Have two kits withapparent ringworm one on one side of face and around eyes and on nose,hair all gone on side of face. Other just around theeyes. Have been treating with benedyne. Now have spread it tome. Two patches one on chin and one on neck. Mom also mighthave it on her face along with what I think was a fly strike, not abotfly. She had two spots about dime sized last Sunday on herface, between her eyes. When I noticed it (at midnight) andsqueezed them it was like solid pus came out. It left holesin her head. They have been healing, but I think she has theringworm too. The benedyne seems to be working on the kits,but not so good on mine. The itching is driving mecrazy. I am going to try and see the DR. tomorrow, or mayhave to wait until Monday. The vet at our practice who doesrabbits, won't be in until Wed. So I guess I will be takingthem all there then. Just thought someone might have an ideaof something else, over the counter, for me or the buns that I couldtry in the meantime. Thanks in advance for any help.

Second problem, Have a Mini-rex doe who was due this week.She made her nest, first time mom. Thurs. morning, she hadlots of fur pulled, but no kits. I did find some fur and hay,that had blood on it. Thought maybe they were born dead andshe ate them, but had no other evidence. Then this morning, Ifound a very deformed dead kit. Its whole body seemedelongated, like it had been stretched out. Nothing else in the boxsince then. She keeps sitting in there like she iswaiting. I have tried to feel around, but doesn't seem likeanything is still in there, but then I didn't feel the one she hadeither. It is very strange too as she is not one of myfriendlier does, and now she has become very docile, allows me to pickher up, turn her over, poke and prod her, even cut her nails with narya wiggle, even when I clipped the quick on one. Any thoughtsor ideas about this? I have never had any problems like thiswith any of my other litters and am really puzzled. Thanks,can answer here or email. Donna

I would really wait until the vet visit to seewhat's going on. Ringworm is a fungus and does not create apuss filled hole. If you suspect a cutebrae larvae under theskin, it should not be squeezed. The larvae should be removedwith tweezers and the hole flushed with peroxide.

The babies could have a fungal, miteor bacterialinfection. Since each would be treated differently, properdiagnosis is very important.

It sounds like the doe had a fetal giant. She should be palpated to be certain there are no retained kits.

Pam

I had ring worm before i used lotromin its forathlete's foot you can buy it over the counter ............. it killedthe fungus ( thats for you not your bun ) Are rabbits bigring worm carriers???!!

Latest posts

Back