Treat Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeanutsMom

Reaction score
I found these cool horse treats that would beawesome for bunnies- that is if they are safe- which I don't know. Theyhave apple and carrot flavored ones. It says on here dogs can eat themtoo.

They are about 1/2 long, round, and smooth. They smell really good,they are extremely hard, which would be good for their teeth!

Here is the product analysis:

Min Protien crude- 12%, Min Crude Fat-2%, Max fiber crude- 10%, MinCalcium- .5%, Max Calcium- 1%, Min Phosphorus .5%, Min Copper- 25.0ppm,Min Zinc- 100.0ppm, Min Selenium-.4ppm, Min Vitamin A- 6000IU/lb, MinVitamin E- 100mg/lb

Here is the ingreidents list:

Wheat flour, dried apple (dried carrot in carrot flavor), pomace,soybean meal, oat groats, heat processed soybeans, dried whey, calciumcarbonate, calcium phosphate, brewers yeast, salt, magnesium oxide,maganous oxide, maganese sulfate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, zincsulfate, polysaccharide complex of copper, polysaccharide complex ofzinc, cobalt sulfate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, calcium iodate,sodium selenite, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D supplement, vitamin Esupplement, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, niacinsupplement, biotin, d-calcium pantothenate, choline chloride, vitaminb-12 supplement, folic acid, ascorbic acid, artifical flavor, artificalcolor.

Hmmm, do you think it would be safe for an occasional treat!? :?

If not, what are some really, really, really yummy treats your bunnies like!? :D

Thanks!! PeanutsMom

welll.. i think it is healthy with all thevitamins in it! lol.. well i provide Emmy with fruit and nibble treatsfrom petco.. but next month we will get her some chewing wood and somechew sticks for her... maybe you should ask the moderators here...

I don'tknow... they probably won't hurt if other animals can eatthem, but I'd probably wait for someone more knowledgable to sayso. =) Umbra likes bananas, oats (loves them todeath, and I use them to train him), mint, broccoli, apples, andparsley.

I would stay away from too many storebought treats, and try her out on some fresh veggies orfruits. Carolyn has a nice website URL that lists all of thesafe foods for rabbits. Maybe she can postit???

--Melissa and Umbra

StickyBird wrote:
I would stay away from too many storebought treats, and try her out on some fresh veggies orfruits. Carolyn has a nice website URL that lists all of thesafe foods for rabbits. Maybe she can postit???

--Melissa and Umbra

I agree with what Melissa said about the store-bought treats forrabbits. I'd rather go with vegetables and fruits if given achoice of treats at all. That said, I do buy somestore-bought treats for my two munchkins, but they're definitely givenin moderation. I tend to think the glucose is better for themthan the pure cane sugar, but still am careful of too much glucose aswell as too much sugar in general isn't good for theirsystems.

The safe foods for rabbit site that Melissa was referring to is:

Safe Foods for Rabbits:http://earthhome.tripod.com/saferab.html

-Carolyn

Thanks for the input everyone, and thanks for the link!

I try to stay away with commerical treats too, I just don't trust them at all. My rats get hardly any commerical pet treats. :?

By the way, PeanutsMom,

The cage you have for your baby coming in this week is lovely!!

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back