treat ideas! Help please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some idea for treats/chew toys!
I've heard that pine cones are great chew toys, is that true? I have a bunch of pine cones and was wondering if i can give them to my bun.
Thank you for your help!!!

lionheadlover27 wrote:
I need some idea for treats/chew toys!
I've heard that pine cones are great chew toys, is that true? I have a bunch of pine cones and was wondering if i can give them to my bun.
Pine cones are OK, but make sure they're thoroughly dried - at least a month.

As to treats, in moderation of course (only very small quantities):
  • Fruit - apple, banana slices, grapes, strawberries
  • Dried fruit - dried cranberries (Craisins), raisins, banana chips, dried papaya (in all, go for the low sugar or no sugar added versions)
  • Veggies - carrots, parsley, cilantro (these last two can be fed in any quantity, and if you keep quiet about it the bunnies won't know they're good for them)
Chew toys:
  • Apple twigs (the only wood you can give right off the tree)
  • Toilet paper / paper towel rolls (stuff with hay for a special treat)
  • Cardboard boxes
  • Old phone books

Thank you so much!
I picked up some pine cones off the ground at my father's beach house, so i was just wondering if i could use them, but if they aren't the best, then i won't use them.

So i have dried some watermelon and mango, is that going to be okay to give him?

lionheadlover27 wrote:
So i have dried some watermelon and mango, is that going to be okay to give him?
Watermelon and mango are fine, in small quantities. Too much sugary food throws off the balance of the microbes in bunny digestive systems, so don't overdo.

Latest posts

Back