Tray for dog crate?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lily2521

Reaction score
I'm upgrading bunny's home and getting a 48" dog crate. It comes with one of the trays that goes inside, which I'll cover with fleece and some other soft surfaces, but I'm wondering how to contain all of the hay from getting outside of the cage

I like the look of this (under tray/floor)

http://www.therabbithouse.com/indoor/dogcrates.asp

Has anyone made or found a tray to go under the cage? What do you do to contain hay/poo, etc.? I just don't know what I'll find store-bought for a 48" cage, so I'm thinking I might need to make something?

I use a 48" dog crate for my boy and frankly, I haven't found a way just yet to control the hay and poo falling out. I just sweep around it daily and hope I get what I can. It isn't the easiest solution but I don't know what else to do about it! I did think about getting some pieces of wood to somehow attach to the outter edges of the cage so that any hay/poo that tries to fall out would be pushed back into the cage/unable to fall out but I'm not sure how I'd manage that since my crate has 2 doors, I imagine the poo/hay would just fall out them...

I'll be watching this thread, as I am quite curious, too!

Coroplast is good for this. I use it on my bird, rabbit and guinea pig cages. You can either cut it into strips and fasten the strips to the bottom outside of the cage, or some people make a large "tray" that goes underneath the cage as well. Use plastic zip/cable ties to attach it to the cage (make holes in the coroplast to run the ties through). It's best to attach it to the outside of the bars to stop them from chewing it as much.

Latest posts

Back