Travelling out of province with my dog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alee C.

Reaction score
So, I'm wanting to make a trip to Prince Edwards Island with my mom and my dog maybe in April or May for a few days. What do I need to know about taking my dog there? I've never been out of my province, let alone taking Rex out of province with me. I don't like to travel because I don't wanna be away from rex but my mom always talks about PEI, her birthday is next month and I would like to take her there.

Has anyone else ever traveled and out of province, or out of state for those of you in the US with your dog? How did it go? Got any tips?

Bring vaccination records with you, you never know when they may be needed. Make sure he is up to date as well.
Use a flea prevention and other prevention suitable to the area and time of year and area. Talk with your vet about what might be needed. You should do some research on what is common there.
Look up local animal by-laws for wherever you will be staying to stopping. Some basics are to keep him on leash and pick up after him. Even with off leash areas, check for specific rules.
Have some ID tag with your cell phone number and a number of a local place. In case he gets lost, you need a phone number on him that can be called. If you don't get a permanent tag, then something waterproof and durable will work.
If you are staying in a hotel, make sure they allow pets and say you are bringing your dog. It is a good idea to take a crate with you if you have to leave him in the room at all. Since it is hard to leave a dog in a hotel room, try to plan activities where you can take him. If you are staying with friends or family, take a crate anyway as they might not have a dog safe house or want him out when you are not around.

Latest posts

Back