Traveling with bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckers

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what to do with Floppy thisweek. At the last minute, we have to drive halfway across thecountry. Usually, when I drive back to Texas, its for abouttwo weeks at a time, so I always take Floppy with me. When wefly back, he stays at our vet's office for boarding.

He's a fairly good traveler, sometimes when we finally arrive, it takeshim some time to settle in and start eating well, but for the most parthe handles it. When he boards at the vet, he lives in a cagein the cat boarding room. He wasn't a very good boy when hewas there last (nibbling on the techs). He's bonded to me anddoesn't warm up well to strangers (or my husband, for that matter).

In this case, it's going to be a short trip--probably about 5 days,with 3 of those being spent in the car. I'm not sure whatwould be less stressful--living in the car, but staying with me, orbeing handled by strangers with cats watching him all day.

I know its all dependent on the different rabbits personalities, but what would you do?

--Rebecca

If it was me, i would take my bunny with me,ased on what he'd be exposed to the other way. At least he'd be withyou, and smelling your scents and not mixed in with a bunch of othercats and techs, not to mention the noise and excitement that can carryon at offices. Just be sure to try and keep the bunny calmed down, i'msure it'll be a fun trip regardless of waht you decide:)

Ellie

Latest posts

Back