travel cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ani-lover

Reaction score
i am going on vacation in a few days and i needsome kind of small cage for my rabbit tabetha to stay in. has anyoneever gone on vacation out of state for a few days and set up a smallcage for their rabbit. any ideas? i cannot keep her in her carrier forthree days. i would take her cage now but it is too much to take down.pics please!!

A large-size carrierwith a wire floortopped withaslatted plastic resting matisperfect. We use them for long trips and they give the rabbitsenough room to move about and are easy to keep clean.

Pam

pamnock, where would you buy them and how much are they. what size would i get.

thanks ani-lover

I bought this one for Sparky and Scooter to travel in:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441779171&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302047888&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023695&bmUID=1175606700844&itemNo=2&In=Small+Pet&N=2047888&Ne=2

I just fill thebottom with litter. They like to layin the litter while in the car and the entire top comes off easily, soit doubles as a litterbox while we are at our destination. Ialso travel with an x-pen to set up for them.

could i use a dog crate and put like some kind of plastic lining so hay doesnt get all over??

One thing that I don't like about solid flooringfor traveling is that the rabbit slides to easily in the event of afast stop or accident. They can "cling" easier to wirealthough may pull a couple nails. The dog crates are alsoharder to clean.

Either way, any crate offers more protection than nothing at all.

Pam

I solved this problem by cutting a piece ofrug to fit the bottom of the cage. It was a kitchen area rugand was cheap enough to throw away since it got soiled withpee. They didn't slide at all!

pamnock wrote:
One thing that I don't likeabout solid flooring for traveling is that the rabbit slides to easilyin the event of a fast stop or accident. They can "cling"easier to wire although may pull a couple nails. The dogcrates are also harder to clean.

Either way, any crate offers more protection than nothing at all.

Pam

I made mine myself to travel to thevet. My son also uses one back and forth 2 1/2 hr. drive tocollege. You could also make a foldable playgate to take.

dcp_5179.jpg

dcp_5177.jpg

dcp_5186.jpg

WOW - awesome cage - I love it.

But I like the bunny even more...can I come steal it?

Peg

I used coroplast. Although as theothers mentioned, you may want to add something that doesn'tslide. Maybe a square of rug on top so they have a place tosit that they can't slide. You can get coroplast from localstores or gas stations that are throwing out their soda signs made outof coroplast. Or buy it from a sign shop.

thanks everyone! i will let you know what i am going to do soon.:):bunnydance:

any other ideas are welcome

I personally would use a very small cat carrierfor the actual travel and bring an x-pen with you to set up when youget to the stops, that way the rabbit wont get injured duringtravel and has lots of space when you get to your stops.

x pen= name brand of puppy exisecersise pens, fairly reasonably priced when you dont buy the name brand.

Latest posts

Back