Transportation needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krasijane

Reaction score
I am new here. Another member of mylistserv Petbunny is dying of cancer in Novato CA. This aquick killing cancer.

She asked that other PBers take her buns. We have homes. Weneed transportation. Two are going to Portland and one needsto come southto the Riverside Area.

I am the Riverside person (UCR, Loma Linda University). Ireally want someone to transport the bunny from Novato past the BayArea to some point. Neither myself nor the other pber whowill drive are willing to drive in the bay area.

If you think you might be able to help, please let me know. If you know of another source for help PLEASE let me know.

If you can't help, please think positive thots that someone will help.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Iwonder if it's someone I know? I used to be on PB, but justdon't have the time any more.

I hope you can find someone to help you soon. Is there anyone on that area on our Transport Team map?
http://www.frappr.com/rabbitsonly

Prayers that these buns get to their new homes safely, and for their mom in this terrible time.:pray:

Has anyone tried to contact the bunderground rr? I would start there.

Im at work right now, but when I get home I can have a look around foryou and see if I can find anyone in your area to help. We have a lot ofmembers in CA, but Im not sure how many in that area.

Sending out lots of prayers that you guys are able to put this together!

PS. Another method of transport to consider is breeders that aredriving from one area to another... maybe we can find someone in thearea who's going that way...

So far I am on BundergroundRR (very littleactivity on there now) a Petnetwork that I read about on there, alsojust signed up with Frappr. Tho I don't understand how thatworks. I like that I am notified about a response on here.

I signed up on Frappr. Do I just contact people listed in the SF area from the list, is that how it works?

How long ago were you on PB? I have been there about 8 yrs myself.

Jan R and Laura T are still there, Bill runs it entirely now, Simeon islong gone, I tried to contact him about this problem. One ofthe buns is 10 yrs old, I don't know how well he will travel.Suzanne is too sick to be of much assistance to us.

Thank you for your suggestion. Keep us in mind if something else occurs to you.

I'll contact the people on frappr for you when Iget home later. Or you can do it now if you have time. I will also sendout a private message to all of our CA members just in case there issomeone in the area who isnt registered on frappr with the transportteam.

So make sure I have this right. One transport needs to be set up fromNovato, CA to Portland, OR? And another from Novato, CA to past the BayArea (im not familiar, thats just San Francisco, right?).

That will help me make it more clear when I send out a pm.

Thanks!

Does suzanne have help with the buns or is she by herself taking care of them?

She has help, she is not expected to live theweek. She herself said in the beginning that she had anorphan cancer that has had little research. It isterrible.

But yes someone is taking care of the bunnies for the moment.The bunniesare 7, 8 & 10 yrs old. I amparticularly concerned about moving the older one. I think heshould stay where he is.

Actually two bunnies are going to Portland andone is coming to Riverside which is southern california (UCR, LomaLinda University, March ARB and the old Riverside Raceway are alllocal).

Someone we know has volunteered to bring the one as far south as SantaCruz, next willing driver is in Santa Clarita.....that is 300 miles inbetween, so we are looking for someone between those twoplaces. Last time we brought one down he came with some folkscoming to a convention they met the Santa Clarita lady in a Mallparking lot. The things we do for bunnies.

Thanks again.

Is there anything anyone can do to help thebunnysitter keep Justin where he is now? I'm not clear on whyhe can't stay there. If it's because of time,resources or finances, is there anything we can do to help?

I know I recommended some vets to somebody in that area late last year,wish I could remember who. Our search functionisn't functioning as it should.

I already expressed my condolences on the PB list, but I'll repeat themhere. From readingher posts over the last twoyears,Suzanne is a special person, she'll have a frontrowseat in heaven.

So sorry she's going through this.

sas :cry1:

Latest posts

Back