Transport from Plymouth, MI to Philly, PA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
Brownie has been adopted by a family inPhiladelphia, PA. He is about 3 1/2 years old and waspurchased from a Michigan breeer. He's very well behaved inthe house. He's very sweet and gentle. His previousfamily used to have him sit in their laps, all the time. Heis so good.

Transportation arrangements have, so far, been unsuccessful.

Can a "chain" be made to move this little guy to his new home?

Thank you,
Charlotte

so is the rabbit going from a breeder to abuyer? or is it from the shelter? (I noticed dominque moroz-midwestrabbit is the contact)..

I'll send you a pm for more info...

HI Charlotte!!!!:wave:

I'd like to help out, but I'm not on the route.

I hope we can find some members to make this work!!

`jim

Just to update everyone:

I spoke with Dominique at Midwest Rabbit R&R (which,oddly enough is the shelter where I volunteer). Anyway, she is puttingme in touch with someone at Bunderground Railraod, who is helping tocoordinate the transfer.

I'll keep you guys posted and let you know where and when they need drivers.

Thanks!

Hi Jim!!!!!
How have you been? God, I miss you "guys"!! All is well here,
35 buns in residence that are "eating me out of house & home"
(walls, floors, etc.!!!). I hope we get to meet again, soon. Say
"Hello" to the "Missus" for me.
(((((Hugs))))) for all,
Charlotte

Well, it looks as though Brownie will begintraveling to his new home, next week. Traveltimes/arrangements are still in the works, but he is going home soon.
Thanks everyone!!
Charlotte

thats great!

I never did hear from the person coordinating it, so she mustve found drivers and everything.

Im so happy for little Brownie! Apparently,she's going to aloving family and will be a companion for a recently widowed bunny...

*UPDATE*

Dominique has successfully set up the transport, but has one final request:

The person who is driving from here (Plymouth, MI)to Canton,OH, would really appreciate having someone meet him part way, so hedoesn't have an 8 hour drive. Is there anyone here fromOhio who will be able to do this? His drive would looksomething like the attached photo.

If you are willing to help, please comment here and email Dominique, thanks!!

I sent a message to the only person we have inOH on our transport team...I think they are a little out of the waythough. Im checking through our members right now. I'll see what I canfind.

Oh, and when is this taking place?

EDIT: I sent a pm to all our OH members...

Okay,

Its happening this Sunday.

Apparently, the guy who signed up to drive to Canton didnt reallyrealize that it would be 8 hours there and back (which is a lot)!

I sent out a pm to all the members, SugarGlider (Robin) lives in the area and she can probably help out.

Dominique is sending me the schedule info so we know when and where she would need to meet up with the other drivers.

Heres hoping this works!

I spoke with Norah who is coordinating the transport. Apparently, they still need help or it will have to be called off.

They need drivers in between Somerset, PA to Newville, PA and Newville,PA to Harrisburg, PA. If anyone can help, please pm me!

Thanks

Haley

Schedule (times are still tentative):

Michigan to Canton, Ohio- filled by Greg (AND ROBIN)
Canton to Beaver Falls, PA - 82 miles filled Lori Bernhardt
Beaver Falls, PA to Monroeville, PA - 52 miles filled by Barb Glynn
Monroeville, PA to Somerset, PA miles- 58 miles filled by Mary Cvetan
Somerset, PA to Newville, PA - 106 miles STILL NEEDED
Newville, PA to Harrisburg, PA - 37 miles STILL NEEDED
Harrisburg, PA to Philadelphia - filled by new adopter

Heres the map of where drivers are still needed:

overviewmap

Hi Haley,

I got your PM. This is really bad timing for me.Any othet time and I would love to help since I live really close towhere Rte. 271 is on the Ohio map.

I have been lurking and not posting since I got very sick in July andwas in the hospital. Then I had major surgery in September tofix the problem. Due to the surgery and 2 'unfixed' problemsneeding more surgery, I can't do much driving, lifting, bending,sitting for long periodsor even eating for thatmatter. My husband is doing 90% of the rabbit and animal carefor me.

So sorry I cannot help but perhaps some othermembers will be able to help.

Seniorcats: Im sorry to hear things have been sorough for you lately! Thanks anyway for the response. We actually foundsomeone for the Ohio part!

Haley and crew:

Someone in Pennsylvania from Lagomorph Lounge may be able tohelp with the other 2 legs of this trip! :) I emailedeveryone involved, so Haley, check your inbox and everyone, keep yourpaws crossed that we can make this work! :D

Back