tranportation needed from Michigan to canada

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxxy1584

Reaction score
HI I HAVE Some one who is interested in some of my rabbits they live
in canada and i am in michigan and am unable to travel that far so
if any one could help me out please let me know. willing to help out
on gas but can't pay to much cause $$ is also limited and i believe
the lady from canada would be willing to help pay for gas to so
please any one that can help out please email me at
roxxy15_84@y... thanks. from Holly

Crossing the border adds a twist, Roxxy.

Have you contacted the Rabbit Railroad?

-Carolyn

LOL Carolyn. Tell me there's no such thing as theRabbit Railroad! I have images in my mind of rabbits creeping out inthe darkness of night. Traveling on row boats to cross rivers. Stoppingat "safe houses" for a cool meal of lettuce and vanilla extractwater,before returning to the long trail to America. No wait,tell me there is such a thing, because I love it!

Good luck Roxxy. Has the woman from Canada looked into the train or agreyhound? It would be a long ride, but more affordable. It mightrequire a few layovers. Are those forms of transportation availablefrom Canada to America? Jack Kerouac did it!;)

Dreamgal042,

Jack Kerouac wrote a book called On The Road in 1957. It wasn'this first or his last, but it was his most popular. In a nutshell, itwas a story, by most accountsa true story, abouthimand his friends travelling across, and throughout thecountry. He took Greyhound buses, hopped trains, hitch-hiked andsometimes even used a car. :)The story takes place in thelate 1940s, which was a time when that sort of travel was muchsafer. Kerouac and his friends were part of the "beat"movement. Each of the characters in the book are given ficticiousnames, but are actually his friends who were also writers of that era.

I always loved the idea of travelling around like a big hobo. Of course, I'd never do it. I prefer the Holiday Inn.

Sorry for making such a dorky reference to begin with. :D

:shock:woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

I assumed because I needed an entry permit for my girls, it applied toall countries ! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops again, seem theU.S. is exempt

(hence the edit)

Cher

Check it out, Sarah.

I kid you not! It's not an actual train, but people traveling from oneplace to another will volunteer to help others out who need totransport rabbits. Click on the below page, then go to the Yahoo Groupand you can read all about it there.

I like your vision of it though!

:)

http://www.rabbitrailroad.com

Cher,

I don't quite know what you're saying in your note (that's a first!)but just to clarify: I have no clue as to what is required toget a rabbit from Canada into the United States of America. Roxxxy willeducate us on that level.

:?

-Carolyn

I think it all depends on where in Canada she is.If she's in Ontario, Michigan and Ontario are right beside eachother.So that would only be like a 10 hour drive at the MOST. I took me 6hours to get from Peterborough to Detroit. Anyway, try the buscompanies, or maybe fly the rabbits? Or maybe she can come and pickthem up? Like I said, it all depends on where in Canada this woman is.

well the lady from canada told me who evertravels with rabbits over just tell the border ppl that there is arabbit show they are attending if they don't say that they will have topay a custume fee. kind alik be a custmer/seller i guess.

im still looking for a tranporter though and all the othetransportation like trains.air planes and busses way way to expensiveand to much to go threw. on my end any ways

Sorry Roxxxy,:?

Maybe something will come up. It's not a usual route. It's going to be a tough one.

Best wishes. Keep us posted if you find someone.

-Carolyn

You still haven't said WHERE in Canada, I wish Icould help you but can't do anything until you tell me where they'resupposed to be going ??? Canada's a big country you know...

well the lady said she would meet in londoncanada i don;t know any thing about canada area's so. ill see if thereare any other area's she would meet in

and where are you in Michigan, because London,Ontario is right next to Michigan, that'd be so easy for you! that'snot far at all. The most you'd have to drive is like 3 hours. :?

map1.jpg

see, Michigan is right next to it.

Ok, I planned out a route from Belleville MI to London ON.

[align=left]Start out going Northwest on MAIN ST toward W HURON RIVER DR.
0.5 miles
a

a

space_white

a
2:
MAIN ST becomes BELLEVILLE RD.
0.7 miles
a

a

space_white

a

3:
Merge onto I-94 E toward DETROIT (Portions toll).
85.2 miles
a

a

4:
I-94 E becomes PROVINCIAL ROUTE 402 E.
61.6 miles
a

a

5:
Take the WONDERLAND ROAD exit- exit number 100.
0.4 miles
a

a

6:
Turn LEFT onto WONDERLAND RD S.
1.7 miles
a

[/align]
[align=left]7:
Turn RIGHT onto WHARNCLIFFE RD S/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 4 N/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 2 E.
4.1 miles
a

a
8:
Turn RIGHT onto STANLEY ST/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 4 N/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 2 E.Continue to follow PROVINCIAL ROUTE 4 N/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 2 E.
0.6 miles
a

[/align]
[align=left]9:
Turn LEFT onto TALBOT ST.
0.1 miles
a

[/align]
[align=left]10:
Turn RIGHT onto COVENT MARKET PL.
<0.1 miles
a

[/align]
[align=left]11:
End at London ON
a

[[/align]
[align=left]Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 39 minutes
Total Est. Distance:155.46 miles[/align]

I know where canada and michigan meet at the mapbut i can't travel to canada to take them . thats my problem. and it'sa 6 hour drive where she want to meet at from me.

so that is why i am trying to find some one to help out in the transportation.

Hey Sarah! :dude:

Did you see my note to you above about the Rabbit Railroad???

-Carolyn

yah i have tried there and i;ve had a fewresponses but only 2 ppl could of herlped me cause they where inmichigan but they both fell threw and all the others where in canadaother the other side no where near the area where some one could meethere or on the other side of the lady. im still trying though

Latest posts

Back