Trancing,Fleas, cats and Violet, HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Ok, here's what happened. Pickles got fleas(mom found them 30 minutes ago)and he has them kinda bad. Prince sorta has them and Vi had one. but she flipped out when we tried to comb her. so i have a few Q's.

#1. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TRANCE HER!!!(i'm BEGGING)

#2. any body know about a bunny/cat(animal)safe flea thingie for the yard?

#3. if she gets it too bad, are there any flea treatments for rabbits?

thanks for the help and please keep us in your Prayers!

Anna and Vi(and two itchy cats)

Here's a thread from our library on Fleas:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12922&forum_id=10

Advantage has been proven safe for rabbits. However, do not use Frontline.

You can have your yard treated with a pesticide, but don't let the buns out in it for a few days.

Some rabbits just don't trance. But, I can do it to Snuff by simply petting him on his face or head. Some you can put on their back in your lap and they'll trance.

Good Luck!

Edited to add: Do the cats wear a flea collar? That and monthly treatments of Frontline for the cats would keep them away.

Do you know if there are any fleas in the carpeting of the home? Here's a great idea, if so, put a flea collar in the vacuum bag, so when they are sucked up, they won't live to get out of the bag.

1. Turn her on her back and pet her head. Although, I still can't even trance my Macey!

The rest I have no idea because I've never had a problem with fleas. Sorry!

LOVE the flea coller in the vac idea! these cats are in side ONLY. the only time they go outside is on a harness w/me. and i haven't taken them out in ages! Vi's been out some with me on her wittle harness, but she only had one and that could have just jumped on her from my clothes(i'd been helping hold down the boys'). and they've NEVER had fleas before(unless you count the time we had to deflea Pickles almost ten years ago. but that was when he was a baby and we'd just gotten him.) thanks for all the help!

Anna

Hi I had a problem with fleas in the summer with my cats and my bunnies it was a mess I have 10 cats and 50 plus buns I used advantadge I got it from the vet they told me what dosage to use on all the buns has to do with how much they weigh. It was a job but it work out very well. I agree do not frontline. You have to be careful on buns. good luck

bunnylady

Back