Training your Bunny on a leash?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny B.

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a rabbit leash for christmas, I have put it on one of my rabbits a few times.

He likes it when you follow him around and let him eat grass, but Iwant to be able to go for walks with him, is it possible to be able totrain him?

Has any one done this?

Thank you

Don't go on cement(glass etc), it might hurttheir paws. It can also be stressful. ( if bunny doesn'tappreciate changing atmospheres, or dogs, etc.)

I'm sure you can train them. I forget where Isaw it, but I know some people even take to training rabbits through anobstacle course.. jumping small hurdles and the such, so it candefinately be done.

I've seen rabbits do the hurdle coursestoo! It looks really cool. I'm not sure if youcould train them to walk in the same way as a dog, though.Training them to a repetitive course is one thing, but training anaturally curious animal to go only where you want it to for a longwalk is another. I would think they would get frustrated.

hi all.. might be a silly question, but how doyou attach the leash to the rabbit? With a harness? i'm imagining acollar wouldn't be good? i heard of a bunny once that got a fright andbolted and before the owner could follow the leash went taut adn thebunny broke its neck. I wanna get something for my bun but i' worriedabout doing it right. Also, where i am, i've never seen rabbitcollar/harnesses or leashes, is a cat or small dog one ok??

thanks a stack!

May:bunny18

Latest posts

Back