Training Troubles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhianna

Reaction score
So I've had my first rabbit, Bear, for about a month. I've recently been introducing him to tricks and he seemed to be getting it very easily. I started with "up," aka standing up on his hind legs. I use his pellets for training and have him do the trick about 10-15 times per session. He got "up" in about 3-4 days, and he's so good at it now that he'll do it when I'm not even offering a treat. The problem is, it's the only trick he'll do. He seems to think that everything I say means "up" if I'm holding a treat. I have been introducing "spin," and it's been about a week since I started teaching this to him. Every time I say "spin" while holding the treat he'll just stand up and look at me expectantly. He will follow my finger in a circle, but he won't connect it with the word "spin". Did I do something wrong while training him? The problem seems to be that he's not associating the action with specific words, he's just associating it with words in general. How can I help him learn specific words in context?

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not teaching him tricks for any competition/showing reason or anything, it's just mainly for my entertainment, to strengthen our bond, and to exercise his mind. He definitely enjoys training sessions; if he didn't enjoy them, I wouldn't make him do them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back