Training and treats...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochajoe

Reaction score
I have had several bunnies over the years...my new boy, Reeses, I got in September at 9 weeks old...Reeses is a blue fawn harlequin Holland lop. He is super quick, using a litter box nearly 100% of the time within less than 48 hours, and his antics as he frolicks around the house are hysterical. I think given his connection with me, how quick he is and his antics that he would be relatively easy to "train" I have read several articles and watched a few videos. Here is my dilemma...I am not a big fan of commercial treats or sugary fruits (honestly have never even offered them to him) so far have not found anything he is crazy about. I have read several of the threads about treats previously posted and have few ideas. Just throwing this out there again...any suggestions for healthy treats that are really appealing? I really want to start training so would love any suggestions! Thanks

What about little carrot pieces or maybe little pieces of oats. It will really depend on finding something your bun REALLY likes too. You could use veggies if your bun really likes them.

I won't give commercial treats because they're chock-full of processed sugar... but my bunnies go nuts over pomegranate-infused craisins; I cut them into thirds or so for training so they don't get too much sugar. banana is *very* popular with bunns... while it's one of the messier fruits, it would still be pretty easy to cut very thin slices and then cut the slices into fourths. little carrot shreds could work, too. if he likes his pellets, you could try hand-feeding those as a reward - somehow pellets taste better coming from someone's hand.

Humorously, despite Bugs Bunny and the stereotype, Reeses is not a big fan of carrots...LOL He is also not a big fan of Cheerios. He'll eat them sometimes. I will have to try oats and the craisn that were mentioned. I am planning to try banana tomorrow as my husband got some more at the store. Thanks for your suggestions!

Latest posts

Back