Toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueberryBunbun

Reaction score
I'm new to rabbit owning and Tufty has only beenwith us for a month or two. I understand bunnies like things to playwith and it keeps them happy and stimulated. I've decided to custommake some toys for bunny to play with (Which im sure her guinea-pigroom-mate, Ned, Won't be happy about!) and I would like somesuggestions and advice?

I think I can find a budgie's swing with a bell on it, which my budgiewas too afraid of to use so we took it out. I also want to take somerags and sew them together to make a kind of rip-up chew toy. CurrentlyI have just been giving bunny clean sticks to chew and cardboardkitchen-roll tubes which she loves throwing around.

What do you think?

I don't knowmuch about making home made toys, But if using rags be careful thatyour bun doesn't eat and cloth. My Bunny's love playingwith

~A empty cola bottle great for rolling

~A log roll, its a movable line of logs that arewired together, you can make it into a arch for running over under andits safe to chew

~A plastic stiff bristle horse brush great for scratching chins on

~A bean cube which is supposed to be my sons butthey love to jump on it as its soft and comfortable for sleeping on

Your ideas sound fun, just be careful with thecloth rip-apart toy. If it looks like your bun is eating some of thefibers, take it away. You also might not want to leave it in her cage,just in case. This also has some good ideas
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=407&forum_id=1

Are you mainly looking for in-cage or out-of-cage toys? We made Mocha amaze out of refrigerator soda can boxes (the long thin 12 packs). Theyare a great size for her. She's a Netherland Dwarf, and I think yourlionhead is about the same size.

You could also use sisal rope to tie chew toys together and hang them from the top of her cage.

I've heard about using the cardboard rolls from toilet paper and paper towells

My buns love the cardboard roles from toiletpaper. I stuff them with hay. They also like to ripup old phone books, paper, etc.

Jen

cadbury has a fetish for those cardboard drinkcarriers from mcdonalds lmbo lol soon as i set it on thefloor he attacks it throws it in the air and chomps on it lol

lmao Kimpoor soda traylol It mustbe Evil for him to attack itso lol , I have asmall fireplace shovel I cleancages with and Lightning alwayssees it as the long armedboogyeyed I need to kill it before it getsme thingy , Its so funny, she will litterallyyank it from my hands killit thoughouly andthen leave it for dead ,does the same thing toflashlights . She has managed to Kill 3flashlights , one beinga huge spot light type .

How about a shoe box filled with shreddednewspaper? (Most newsprint is non-toxic). Use anempty (small) water bottle and fill it with something (maybe pellets orsomething noisy and etible). They will roll it around andmake quite a ruckus. Don't forget to take the label off :p

Mine love egg boxes, loo rolls (and the paper).

I have a couple of key chains with a plastic cat ball (the ones with holes and a bell in the middle)hanging down. They love it.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I thinkI'll go into the petshop over the weekend and grab a few jingle ballsand maybe some parrot toys and wooden chews and get inventive with somestring. I'll definately try the egg cartons and empty soda bottlecardboard packs, as my bunny loves throwing her cardboard tubes around.Sounds like your rabbits have a lot of fun!

Tufty seems to have a personal vendetta againstthis fireplace sweeping brush that I use to sweep away the sawdust whenI clean out her hutch, if she gets near it she'll try and chew out allthe bristles, and if she doesnt succeed then she'll get mad and throwit on the floor and sulk.

She does the same with her fur brush, i dont know what she thinks itis! It makes me laugh, because if she decides she doesnt like somethingshe'll throw it as far as she can and then race over to it and throw itagain, and return to her hutch with a triumphant look on her face. Ifthats possible.

I have one toy that is a favorite for 2 out of 3of my buns... a feather duster. Or one of those feather cattoys. Anubis will chase it ALL over the place trying to getit, tongue lolling out.

Guin will box it like it was a sparring partner... so much fun! =D

What i do sometimes with my rabbit isi get a toilet roll or a kithen roll and shove hay through it and theylove trying to get the hay out and to munch it hope i was any help:D:bunnydance:

Heheh! That sounds like a good idea! I justfixed them up a new toy, I took a halved coconut that we hung up forthe birds to eat, so now its completely stripped, and I put it facedown on the floor of her hutch with her favourite treat under it.She'll be having a perplexing night of it!

Hugs! Thanks for all your help!

Latest posts

Back