Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucille

Reaction score
I made new cages myself, (but ordered the trays) and want ideas for toys. Already have some hanging wood block and other toys meant for birds. I'm on a budget so they have to be made for reasonable cost.
What are your bunny's fave toys?

Two of Jake's favorite toys are:
1) his plastic keys - they can probably be found in most dollar stores
2) The day I adopted him, I had bought a bottle of water from Starbucks - it was a nice
looking bottle, so instead of putting it in recyling I put some pebbles in it and gave it
to him - he loves it! Tosses it all over the place, and it reminds me of the day I got
him.

Well with how many toys my Cockatoo destroys... There are always odd shaped giant beads around the house... And because I use baby links to hang her toys, theres tons of those floating around too

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Bunnys/Re-sized/April-bunnys-sale-cat018.jpg
Bottom of the picture is their pile of toys

I just grab 4-5 different shaped beads and stick them on a baby link

Parrot toys can be used over and over and over and over until theres nothing left.

plus they like anything siesal/straw you can pick up wierd things like straw hats uber cheap at the dollar store that they can shred

So what kinds of plastic things are safe for them? I live in a burb and there are gazilions of plastic baby toys at garage sales, any guidelines on safety?

Most of the plastic beads on parrot toys are either acrylic or other really hard plastics that the parrot can't chew - So if a beak that could take somebodys finger off cant wreck the bead, bunnys wont be able to chew it :)

New day solid plastic baby links are made of a similar plastic, Lola has yet to put more then a scratch in hers, yet I have some that would have been used when I was a baby and she has some good dents in those ones. Some with be plastic with rubber inlayed in them and those are no good for buns. Just learn what plastics are durable. That or just stick to pet toys.

My bunnies LOVE this toy! $4!

pPETS-5900866t400.jpg

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3555965

My boy's favorite toy is a paper bag on its side, filled with crumpled paper. He'll dig in it, eat it, removed the paper, put the paper back, and just hang out in it all day. He loves it!

I'll try that!!! I've hung up some of the old bird toys and they like nosing over to the hanging ones.

I find my boy doesn't like the store bought toys as much as cheap homemade toys actually! I save all my toilet paper and paper towel rolls and stick hay in them. Also you can get an egg carton and put veggies in it, then close it but poke holes in it so they can smell the veggies inside!
Cat balls are great as well!

Latest posts

Back