Toys toys toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionheadBB

Reaction score
Need ideas on the most entertaining and safe toys for buns. I heard if they get bored, Maggie will start trying to chew her way through her wooden hutch I bought. Just went to Walmart and got her a rattle and then the pig stuffed animal I posted. I definitely need more!

Thanks everyone:D

Also, will getting her wooden chew toys prevent her from chewing the hutch or encourage?

In my experience, having an "approved" something to chew is VITAL in preventing chewing on "UN-approved" somethings -

Even hay is included in that and the one time I ran out of hay for a couple days (BAAAAAAD human!), the boys just went nuts and chewed to death things they never touch otherwise - my couch cover, my notebooks, the carpet ...

my buns have never gone for the toys or grass mats I've bought over the years -
they prefer the cardboard boxes said toys come in :)
they really like working on shredding the old phonebook too -

they've also enjoyed apple branches to gnaw on if you know someone with an apple tree ---

Some bunnydecided to work on destroying the mat in front of the bathtub so I replaced it with an old cotton towel and let them have at it - (we're on the 2nd one now) -

when Mopsy decided he couldn't stop digging at the carpet in the corner, I put a couple of old phonebooks there and he decided he liked them better -

good luck! it just takes a bit of experimentation

ps - see pic at left - Flops (aka Punkin) latest favorite toy is a full roll of toilet paper - he ends up looking like he's sitting in a cloud

Moved to general rabbit questions forum, as "bunny chat" is where people talk in the voices of their bunnies.

Toilet paper rolls full of hay

Paper towel rolls full of hay with treats in the middle storm works for hours trying to get to that crasin today. I also do this when I want him to eat more hay.

The cat toys the plastic balls with bells in the middle. Storm throws them around his cage.

Boxes and paper bags from kroger everytime I go shopping I ask for 3. They last about 1 weeks depending on what I stuff them with.

Parrot toy the wood one storm has one in his cage he loves that thing to.

But always remember They will play with the box of the 20 dollor toy befor they play with the toy.

Ox Bow make this tunnnel thing storm loves that also.

Grass balls, sisal rattles, hanging toys with bells that snacks can be pulled off of are the favored toys of Juno and Axel but Juno likes eating the grass balls and she does get a generous quantity of hay daily...

Axel likes to throw his toys around and then he looks at me to say "See what I just did? Ta-da!"

Denise

It depends on the rabbit. My Moussey loves things she can chew and eat so sisel is a huge hit. I put it on loads of things for her.

Becca is not much for playing with things but she loves her baby keys. Poor things get beat up when she is mad xD

Z likes hangy things and anything he can snuggle with.

Almond purely hates anything in her cage, it is either killed and burried in a corner so she does not have to see it.

Chess is yet another rabbit that doe not like thing to play with. All her toys are covered up.

Burke can and does make play with anything. A simple pil of hay becomes the deck of a sailing pirate ship. He does love the open waters, LOL!

My bunnies .. I just got a female Netherland Dwarf . I named her Holly....anyway, my bunnies LOVE to play with paper towel rolls, without the paper of course. My boy Bilo plays with a homemade cloth doll.

Mmm, any cardboard box in any size or shape is subject to bunny attacks at my house - TP rolls, grass mats, my open-toe rubber sandals got fairly destroyed from Miss Rosey nibblin'
on them as she'd lounged against my feet while I was typing at the computer, twigs from the fruit trees, tree branches,
roots, cat toy balls with bells in them (mostly the youngsters, the older ones *sniff* and turn up their noses - much to dignified to bother with those).

I gave my EL a soccer ball; it's the regular material used to make standard soccer balls, but it's the smaller version.
He doesn't really do much with it, but sometimes he'll bump it and chase after it.

My buns really love boxes and toilet paper rolls though!

Emily

lol I wish I had a pic of my 16yr.old sons face when he slipped on his sandals, looked down and said...'what the heck, mom?! One of the rabbits had chewed around the toes...hehe, he's such a good kid - went and had a solemn talk with the buns about beating up his 'chooz'

My bunny hates paper towel rolls! She is the opposite of normal I'd say hehe
Anywho, my bunny loves boxes! She loves to get in them and hide.

Back