toys for unsupervised play

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambrose

Reaction score
Just wondering what toys are safe to put in aoutdoor bunnies hutch?I heard they love those cat balls with the bellbut are they safe to be alone with them and also telephone books i wantto get some toys from ambrose but worry as he spends most of his daywithout me there to keep him safe?Any safe suggestions?

I have all sorts of toys in my rabbits' cageswhile I'm away at work. Chew toys, plastic cat toys, plasticbaby key rings, newspaper/phone books, etc. The only problemwith the plastic stuff is if they decide they want to chew it alot. I haven't had an issue. Give the boy sometoys! He'll love them.

thanks! At the moment he has a baby key ringthingy and a untreated cane basket which he thorws around but was a bitreluctant to put much else in there until i was sure it was safe,thanks again!:)

I have heaps of things in the hutches for thebuns, the things they like the best seem to be an empty plastic cokebottle that they can roll around and baby toys to chuck and play with.I also have a large metal tunnel that I am working on (one end needscutting and filing a bit as it has a sharp edge) that I know they willlove. Every couple of days or so I will snap of a small branch from oneof the apple trees and stick it in for them, leaves and all. They willstrip it bare then snap all the twigs off and arange them into piles,it encouranges natural activities and I trust them with that alone :D.

I don't trust my lot alone with cardboard for too long but a couple ofhours or so is safe as they like to play and sniff and mark cardboard alot before they destroy it.

Shelves and things to run under are also great fun :).

today i bought him 3 toys. I got him a biggishtoy meant for cockatoos so its tough it has like 3 little tyres hangingdown and a big bell on the end. I also got him 2 other hangy bell typetoys. He has a big milk crate in there which he loves to perch on topof. He has a huge hutch so can afford to put up a shelf or sometingtoo, i must make it my summer project:D

Latest posts

Back