Toys for in the cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randi

Reaction score
Hello all!

I had a question about unsupervised play. I want to get some cage appropriate toys for my future bun, but I am worried about getting anything she may be able to ingest. For instance, some people use stuffed animals. What if she tears it open and swallows the stuffing? I know a lot of people use telephone books, but is this something I could give her to play with when I am not around?

I'm mainly just worried about her ingesting things she shouldn't (paper, stuffing, wood, etc), and trying to think of things I can give her for her cage to stimulate her while I'm away that will be safe. Are these valid concerns? Does anyone else have this issue, or is it even an issue at all? Thanks.

It is perfectly safe for rabbits to ingest non-glossy paper (like cardboard) and wood. It helps to satisfy their natural urge to chew. So don't worry about your rabbit eating paper and wood. However stuffing and fabric should not be eaten.

I suggest toilet paper rolls. My rabbits love to chew / eat / toss them. Another one that works is egg cartons.

ours love old books and telephone books too.

i think its fine, ours sometimes give the borders a bt of a chew but mainly rip and dig at them

Take a look at our natural wood jingle bunny toys!!!
www.CCCandR.petfinder.com and click on the webs addy.
They are $3.00 a piece and the bunnies love them though too they satisfy bunnies need to chew recreationally.
Also wonderful, the gal that makes them sends all proceeds to take care of the 120 all species animals here including 61 inside bunnies in pens!

Thanks for the replies! Those are great ideas, and I am relieved to know about these safe items. Also, thanks for the link, christinelea1!

I bought a couple parrot toys for Muppet's hutch that she plays with. There is a bell on one of them that she will ring whenever she sees me outside. That's her calling me to come overto give her a treat;)

We have a woven grass ball with a bell in it. Toilet paper rolls with hay stuffing are quite popular. We also have a couple of pans filled with shredded newspaper that they love to dig in.

Those are all awesome ideas. When I had guinea pigs, they had a bell they would ring when they felt like it was time for veggies. :)

Latest posts

Back