Toys and games?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorxley

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am relatively new to bunnies, i've had mookie (moo) for about 6 months. She has free run of the flat and she is very good and well behaved.
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some toys or games i can play with her. She has cardboard boxes and rolls, balls and slinkilys. But she doesn't play with them at all.
She likes to redecorate rooms when I'm at work, moving books and boxes and whatever is light enough. And loves to be with me and follows me around when I'm home.
I just don't want her to get bored.
Any ideas?

Obstacle courses with tunnels and low jumps. Treats for rewards to entice her to try it out. Bunnies can be taught things pretty easily if they are sufficiently food motivated. And it promotes interacting with her. Just let her set the pace.

If she likes to rearange things, give her lots of things to rearange. When she has them the way that she likes, rearange it again. Make that a game. I do not know if you have tried this, but some rabbits like toys that make noise. You could get her some.

Definitely try training her to get some mental stimulation. Before Timmy died I had started clicker training him using his pellets as his treats. I haven't figured out how to clicker train more than one rabbit at once (unless I get a second clicker, maybe) but I've been working with my new boys on getting them to come when called and training them to periscope up on command.
Other members participate in rabbit hopping which is like agility for buns. You can construct your own, easy to knock down obstacles and work with her on something like that which would be fun for both of you.

Thanks guys!!
I will defiantly have a go at training her to do things! She isn't terribly motivated by food, but I'm sure i can find something to use. Think i will start with getting her to come.. She tends to follow me around anyway. what other things can i teach her if that goes well, any ideas?
I love love the idea of getting her things she can rearrange on purpose.. feel stupid to not have thought of this before.. i was just thinking that kids building blocks could work?
I do have toys for her that make noise, she has a few balls with bells in them and she did have a rubber toy they made noises when her stood on it or anything but she started to eat it so i took it anyway.
Thanks again!!

Latest posts

Back