Toy Suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nepenthe

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding a toy(s) that my bun Sara will enjoy! I've had her for 2 1/2 months or so and love her to pieces, but I know she gets bored while I'm out of the house and sometimes even in the house while I'm around and she's out of her cage. She has a large x-pen with a bun condo in it for her to muck around in so there's room for her to toss things around if needed :) I haven't been stingy with trying new things for her, but the wasted money is starting to make me cringe since I spent another $15 on stuff today and she showed vague interest in only one item. I did get her a small willow branch ring that she gnawed through within a couple of days a while back (mighty exciting!) but they're too expensive to have an all-the-time supply of. Here are the toys I have so far: slinky, round flavored salt licks, large willow ring, wooden stick with wooden rings on it that rattle, toilet paper rolls (will occasionally show interest in these), willow ball (the toy she was vaguely interested in today), a stuffed carrot, wooden chew blocks, one of those big multicolored wooden ball shaped things that's all spiky with the nut inside, small wooden blocks about scrabble tile sized (she ate a scrabble tile, so I wrongly thought she'd like these), a small dog rope, a small and large wire ball with a bell inside, and one of those potato starch, veggie flavored Nylabones. I'm not keen on trying something stuffed with hay - I did that with the toilet paper rolls and she seemed to take it as an invitation to regard her whole cage as a litter box once the hay had been dumped all over the place.

I'm also worried about her teeth because she's not really chewing on anything but know she's happy in her environment from her behavior (relaxed w/ occasional binky). Have you all ever infused wooden chew toys with a flavor your bun enjoyed? I was thinking I could try a couple of drops of lime juice or an extract (vanilla?) on them if that's safe...suggestions are greatly appreciated! What does your bun like that I haven't tried yet? Thanks in advance!! <3

Hmm
I find my buns most enjoy things that they can flat out destroy and that are also free for me.
They love to rip pages from phonebooks or tear up newspapers. Both are printed with soy based inks and are safe.

My buns also love cardboard boxes, particularly if they're set up as tunnels that they can run through or sit in.

If she's eating hay, I wouldn't worry about her wearing down her teeth.

Vanilla extract is safe in small amounts. Some people add it to water to encourage drinking.

I noticed that this is your first post. Welcome to the forum and please introduce yourself in our Introductions section so we can all learn about you and your bun.

Edited to add:
Also, remember rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk, so you just might not be seeing her when she is most active.

Empty toilet paper rolls are a lot of fun for them.

ed

I have tried those (they're listed above ;)) but she doesn't really take an interest in them, unfortunately. I wish she did! They're really inexpensive XD

Tunnels are the best my Stan loves running in and out of them, but he is gonna be too big for them soon :?

Hmm... Mine loves to push her stuff around in her cage and toss jingly balls around. She also loves baby toys... Teething rings and keys and links.

She REALLY likes this thing:

ED9540B.jpg

Latest posts

Back