Toulouse the music lover

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viola

Reaction score
Louie is on my foot, pretending to be a slipper. I am a concert harpist, studying post grad, and he stays in the living room with my harp, so we are basically together twelve hours a day. He is very curious and mischievous, but when I play, he races into his hutch to the very top section, flops on his side and watches, mesmerised. If I am concentrating on anything else he will demand attention/nonstop petting. Have you had similar things happen with music?

IMAG0048.jpg

I love that :) My geese used to be a herd around me, it's amazing when they relax/sleep near you.
You know the guys at a skatepark who keep falling and hurting themselves while trying to impress the girls? That's Louie right now, always trying to jump higher and landing on his fluffy white butt. I can hear it, scratchscratchscrach CLUNK! He loves skidding on the wooden floor and now he's put on some weight he doesn't crash into table legs as much when he does. Little klutz. He just stole a vita weat and is doing victory laps around the room. He can't work out how to eat it but it is the most exciting thing for him since cardboard tunnels.

Oh what a cutie! :inlove:

My mini lop is quite the music critic. Her ears tell me what she likes. If they are forward she likes it. If they are back she doesn't. Not shocking that she prefers softer music like Celtic to harder stuff like NIN. Perhaps she's also picking up on my mood?

Harp music must be heaven for a bun. :)

Q-tip will only let me listen to classical music in the car when we go on the 4 hour drive home to her other mommy. I've tried 80's rock, but she thumped the second she heard Springsteen (hey, rabbit's got good taste). It's not the volume, because she makes me turn the classical WAAAAAAAAAAY up. Vivaldi is her favorite.

Must be a whole different experience, music, with ears like that :)

Louie has never touched carrots, not interested. I stuck one in the bars of his cage today and he just chinned it and left it alone. I ate a carrot in front of him and he went "OMG that's FOOD? BEST THING EVER!" Stuffed his face, somehow managed to cover his whole body in carrot juice and shredded carrot from one little carrot end. He's still binkying.

My little Harvey, doesn't really hold still for very long. But the other night he did help me while I was at my sewing machine. He decided to sit on the foot that was on the foot petal. It's a good thing he doesn't weigh much.

He is adorable! Music is a big thing in my house and its funny to see how Buster reacts to certain things. He loves when I play my guitar (acoustic) and will even sit next to me but hates when I play cello, and will hide every time. (maybe it's the low tones) It is so odd. He loves classical music and even opera. But he hides every time I put on Christmas music lately. He also likes oldies/80's/90's. He definitely has certain tastes in music. It is so interesting :D He is like a picky little person:bunnyheart

My bunnies liked music, but not as much as yours.. but then I'm not a professional harpist, I guess that makes a difference, you must be really good!!

What a cute bun! Good thing he doesn't run and thump while you play, that would make it hard to concentrate, if he wasn't thumping the right beat.;)

I'm sure he was just trying to be helpful, MagPie :)

Thanks, Andria. I reckon you're right about the low notes, I mean, the bass on my harp doesn't tend to bug him, but my boyfriend's bassoon or contrabassoon make him go nuts. I guess because their hearing doesn't go so low, so it must be like some sort of earth quake :shock: Wouldn't be a judgement of your playing, more like the audience freaking out during the premiere of Rite of Spring. :D

Oh, V, you are too kind, I think they all must have different tastes, just as with food and stuff. What kind of music are you into?

That's true, Dave, although he has taken to sitting on my feet while I try and change pedals recently. Probably helpful in the long run, my friend had a harp teacher who would actually throw things at her while she was playing to make sure if anything happened in performance she wouldn't be distracted.

He's a sweetie!

All my bunnies LOVE Beatles Music. Especially Neville. The ears are all alert and listening. And their bodies are at rest.

Music soothes the beast! So true.

K:)

lol, just thought of something. Your bunny and your harp reminds me of Fluffy, the three headed dog in Harry Potter. Falls asleep with harp music.

Latest posts

Back