Tortoise Salmonella and rabbits Deadly ?....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas the Bun πŸ’•πŸ‡

Reaction score
Ok so I was an IDIOT πŸ˜“ and while we where at the ranch we saw a wild tortoise and it was quite far a way from the pond so being the idiot I am I was like It’s 104 F outside I’m going to put it in the pond. Well I put on some gloves and attempted to move it to the pond but for good reason (and I probably scared half the life out of it) it wiggled out of my hands and went into the brush. Well I took of the gloves and put it in the back of the truck went home washed my hands left my shoes outside. And started reading that most turtles/tortoises carry salmonella and now I can’t find any more info
so now I’m asking is tortoise salmonella deadly to rabbits πŸ˜©πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

Thank You
Jolie (the not to smart person)

Since you didn't touch it with your bare hands, and you also washed your hands before touching your rabbits, they are probably safe. I would make sure you wash your shoes before bringing them inside though.

Thank You
thank fully My family has been careful with that regarding RHVD2 and wild rabbits at the ranch ( I’d probably be a nervous reck if they did’nt)

Latest posts

Back