TORONTO AREA: Free Bale of Alfalfa Hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbunny

Reaction score
Hello,

My boyfriend mistakenly purchased the incorrect type of hay for my rabbits earlier this week and now I have a bale of Merrybrook Farm alfalfa hay. The hay is very fresh, green, and fragrant. The bale is measured at approximately 14" x 18" x 36". It can fit in the back of the Corolla with space to spare.

Since my rabbits do not require alfalfa hay and I do not want to see it to waste, it's available for free for pick-up for those in the GTA area.

Bring your own box/bin and/or tarp.

Thanks ahead of time.

Hahaha, I don't have a car, either. But I'm lucky enough to be able to borrow a friend's car when I need it.

I did do Kijiji, but I figured I might as well post here because there isn't much space in our little apartment. The first responses were suspicious (spammers/phishers, I believe). But, a little boy and his father came by to pick it up just recently. The boy takes care of the rabbits all by himself (with the help of his parents).

I thought it was the cutest thing.

Hello,

I didn't buy it in Toronto. That was when my boyfriend bought the wrong type of bale. We bought it from a farm outside of Toronto.

If you do not have a car, and if you want a large amount of hay within Toronto, try Global Pet Foods. They will order whichever size you like.

If you do have a car, I suggest buying hay outside of Toronto. Most farmers have alfalfa in abundance.

We currently buy our hay from a farmer in Blackstock. His name is Kevin Kemp, and his email is [email protected]. It's $5/bale.

I believe he sells three different types of mixes of hay. The first is 100% alfalfa, second is 50/50 timothy alfalfa, and the last is 80% timothy-20% alfalfa.

We've bought around 6-8 bales from him, and his hay is greener than any other farm hay that we've purchased from other farmers. The farm he has is very nice, too, and has lots of animals.

I can fit two bales in a Corolla, with one in the truck and the second bale in the back seat.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Edit: It's about an hour drive from Toronto.

Back