Tooth problem? Shades is not eating RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
Now it's Shades' turn. I noticed she was having problem biting lately so we bought her to the vet yesterday. Her front tooth was overgrown and the vet clipped it down. She also noticed her back molars were growing uneven, we scheduled an appointment for this coming Thurs for her to shave it down.She was eating fine so we didn't think it was urgent to get it done right away. Yesterday she was drinking alot of water and eating some of the pellets that I added water to. Today shewill noteat on her own and failed the treat test. We fed her critical care. She took it with no problem. Do you think we should also give her so simethicone? I'm called the vet tomorrow to see if they can shave down the molars tomorrow. I'm thinking it may be hurting her now. Also I'll probably have to seperate her from Cappucino since they share the same cage, so we can monitor her poopy. I'll put her on the top and Cappy below her. Do you think it will add more stress to seperate them? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I think it would stress her out to take her away from her buddy. Is it possible to put them side by side? So they can still see and interact with each other, but you can still monitor her output.

-Dawn

I agree, my guys go nuts when I have them apart. Is there any way you can tell between their poos? I can tell between Tony and Muffin based on size, shape, and color. Strange, I know. At the least, putting them nearby but with separate litterboxes will help.

I do think that it's her teeth causing the issues. You can offer her softer foods, like pellets soaked in water, and Critical Care in a dish if she'll eat it that way. It would be fine to have her on a highly Critical Care diet for a few days.

I'd try to listen to her tummy, and give simethicone if you hear gurgles.

Hi, thanks for all the advice. Unlike her brother Baci, she took the critical care, pumpkin, benebac and simethicone with no problem. She finally gained her appetite back the and pooping normal. (It may have been the stress of going to the vet and having her teeth clipped.) She went back yesterday to the vet to have her back molars shaved down and evened out. They also had to remove her front molars. Happy to say she was actually eating already by last night!

Please mark this thread as Resolved!:bunnydance: Love this site and all the wonderful people!

Latest posts

Back