Tooth grinding or purring?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy The Rabbit

Reaction score
Hello all!

So, I'm with Remy right now, and after some zoomies and food, he flopped and is laying down right now. I've heard him do this before, but he makes a mildly-loud tooth purring sound after he lies down. I just wanted to make sure it was tooth purring and not tooth grinding. He doesn't do it any other times except for when I pet him and when he is sleepy. Thanks!

Sounds like he's a happy boy. If the teeth start going when you touch her, then it's a good thing. The only time I would associate it to tooth grinding is if something negative beforehand (did something hurt him, injury, or hiding in a corner, teeth problems, etc).

Trixie purrs loudly too. She's very vocal and lets me know what she likes and doesn't like lol.

It sounds like hes happy. Tooth grinding, from what I’ve been told, is the sort that you can hear when you're on the other side of the room. Tooth purring is a lot more gentle and soft.

Sounds like he just really enjoys your pets 🥰

Ok, thank you very much! I also wanted to mention how cute Apollo is, lol. 😅 😀

Musti would sometimes directly lay on me and let his teeth run loose. He was really content with me. Teeth purring there. He was at the vet with me, where he'd been inspected and passed around people. He ground/grinded? his teeth out loud, licking my salty tears. Teeth grinding over there.
I had to pick my new boy up into my lap to set him outside to run and explore, also to clean his eye boogies. He seemed really disstatisfied and restless. Teeth grinding.
So assess the situation and see what describes it best.

I think I have an extra soft spot for Remy because he’s the same breed and has the same name as my bun :) and they’re kinda the same color (mine is a broken orangey-fawn)

Yeah! I always thought your Remy was very cute, and it's cool that they are kinda the same color! Tell your Remy that Remy says hi!

Also, I just wanted to ask you if tea tree oil 100% is safe for bunnies. @VanillaMarshmellUwU asked about fur mites and I suggested it as a natural remedy.
I think it is safe, but I personally wouldn't use it! It is so strong and will probably burn the rabbit's eyes even if it doesn't get in their eyes. I responded to that thread on how I would treat the fur mites.

I think it is safe, but I personally wouldn't use it! It is so strong and will probably burn the rabbit's eyes even if it doesn't get in their eyes. I responded to that thread on how I would treat the fur mites.

Yeah, @VanillaMarshmellUwU decided to use something else. However, I saw your post and I don't think @VanillaMarshmellUwU will be able to get the medicine. They said they weren't able to get to the vet. Is there anything else they can do?

Latest posts

Back