TOO YOUNG?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflylady

Reaction score
;)Hi I have a full grown mini loprabbit. She had a litter of six babys which are now twomonths old and all but one is in a new home. I bought anotherone which is suppose to be male and is acting the part to.But I think I might have a problem. The momma of the firstlitter is twice the size of the new one I got to breed her with in thespring. These bunnys are really hard to find inthese parts. So I got him early. I thought I could put all three ofthem together. Now that I think of it I have not check to seewhat the last baby is an the new one I bought I was told wont get muchbigger yet he is all over the two month old and the momma so for now wehave built new cages and have them seperated from the big momma do youthink its wise to leave him with the two month old . They getalong good other than he trys to do his thing with her and whats reallyweird is he goes to the front or back. This is my firsst timeraiseing babys and all went will until I brought this new one in he isadorble and I just couldnt say no I will have to take pictures to showyou . He is lop ears but they said he is a mini lop but thats what Ithought I had my husband said she would weith about 6lbs.. She is really ill with us wright nowto. With all her babys gone.She really bit meyesterday when I was trying to play with the baby . Just openfor suggestions on what to do. How old does a rabbit have tobe before they can breed that a very important question I need to no.

Thanks Diane

:?The baby one was born on may 2nd do you thinkit may be to late. And also I see him on the momma but she islike twice his size. I didnt think he could really do anything with her. But she let him on and then sometimes shewould run him off. What do you think ? Think hecould have got to momma and mommas baby. The baby one is about 10 weeksmaybe I have caught her in time? Thanks for yourhelp Diane

I screwed up and brother got his sisterand his mother pregnant. Sister kindled right at 4months of age.

Don't let the difference in size between male and female throwyou. They are determined little devils and can accomplish thedeed in the blink of an eye. If I were you, I would haveseparate cages. And, yes, even an adult buck will do thefront/back thing.

Latest posts

Back