Too much/little food?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effloresco

Reaction score
So I have had a new rabbit, who seems to just keep eating! She is a rescue rabbit and when I got her a little over a week ago she came quite underweight (all of her bones feel sharp and I can feel all of her ribcage and spine). To begin with I was feeding her more conservatively, but she always seems hungry! I give her a small cup full of pellets, approximately 2-3 cups of leafy greens, and top up hay everytime its low (eating more than a rabbit sized amount). She is 1.6kg, (has gained approx0.06 kg over 1 and a half weeks) and is 5 months old. I'm wondering if I should keep feeding her as much as I am, or limit the amount she is eating, or even increase the amount? My other bun has always eaten the right amount of grass, hay and pellets, and has always stopped eating when full. He is a healthy weight for his breed. Any advice would be great, as I've never dealt with an underweight bun.

Last edited:
So I have had a new rabbit, who seems to just keep eating! She is a rescue rabbit and when I got her a little over a week ago she came quite underweight (all of her bones feel sharp and I can feel all of her ribcage and spine). To begin with I was feeding her more conservatively, but she always seems hungry! I give her a small cup full of pellets, approximately 2-3 cups of leafy greens, and top up hay everytime its low (eating more than a rabbit sized amount). She is 1.6kg, (has gained approx0.06 kg over 1 and a half weeks) and is 5 months old. I'm wondering if I should keep feeding her as much as I am, or limit the amount she is eating, or even increase the amount? My other bun has always eaten the right amount of grass, hay and pellets, and has always stopped eating when full. He is a healthy weight for his breed. Any advice would be great, as I've never dealt with an underweight bun.
Just give more pellets!

Latest posts

Back