Toby & Sammi's first date!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
I will just copy/paste some of this from my blog. :) There are some cute little videos of Sammi doing some binkies there, too! Click here for my Blog! :D

OK! Here are some new pictures!

I decided to try doing a bunny date today, since Sammi's pet insurance kicked in! ;) It went OK. Nothing too promising, though. They were fine together in the bathtub or on my lap, but if they are able to get traction under their little feets, all heck breaks loose. They do the territorial little spin-around-each-other thing. I just get nervous when they start that and I separate them. Here are some cute pictures, though!

Huddling together because they don't like the tub.
1010088.jpg

Toby's first reaction to anything that can possibly groom him... (and as you can see from the picture, his little bunny bum could use as much grooming as it can get!)
1010091u.jpg

*sniff sniff*
1010103.jpg

The bunnies sitting up on my lap while I relaxed in the empty tub.
1010106.jpg

OK, everyone! Here's the money shot!
1010114t.jpg

I hope you liked them!

:bunny24

Thanks for the pics...it was a great way to start my morning - they're a very handsome couple - hope it works out well.

It's a good start,you are more daring than me. maybe on day i will try to bond Daisy Mae with one of the pairs, like i said maybe. LOL

Look forward to more pictures of them.

Susan :)

Thanks, everyone! They have only had the one date so far. I am too gun-shy with bonding because of what happened to Toby last time (face wound and $200 vet bill). He groomed her eyes/face, which was good, but he kept nipping her bum. No stomping/thumping, but they did circle each other and were biting each others' bums. I didn't like that, so I stopped the date. I think that I will try a few more tub sessions on my lap before letting them anywhere where they can get a grip on the ground!

NorthernAutumn wrote:
No blood yet... looks like it is going well! I have a personal mandate not to attempt bonding during anytime after/before vet hours ;):nerves1
:) That's why I have pet insurance! :D I try to do the dates in the afternoon, but if something happens late at night, I can take him to the 24-hour emergency vet. It's a half-hour away and there is an exotics person there. My normal vet is bunny-savvy and has helped us out a lot before, too! :D

I think Toby loves anybun that he thinks will groom him. They aren't doing anything really aggressive or anything, just little nips. I am just too nervous of a bunny mom to let anything happen to either bun. Julie (treasuredfriend) said that she could probably help with bonding later in the month. Since she's a bunny whisperer, I feel pretty confident. :D

Awesome pics - your bunnies are so cute! Hmm, maybe I'll try "re-bonding" mine in the tub as well. It's conveniently small and neutral territory, after all.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
No blood yet... looks like it is going well! I have a personal mandate not to attempt bonding during anytime after/before vet hours ;):nerves1
Lol, good idea!! From the pics, I think it looks promising. Have you tried any car rides yet?

Not yet. I don't dare do car rides by myself with the bunnies (in case of problems). I don't want to get in an accident trying to separate the rabbits! I will be trying it later this week. :)

Latest posts

Back