Tobias (Toby)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarisaAndToby

Reaction score
Tobias is my 2.5 year old Mini-Lop boy. He's my world!

I found him on April 2, 2011 on a site called Kijiji. He was being sold by his previous owners at 6-7 months old because he wasn't getting along with their guinea pig. I had been going through a hard time in my life, and had never owned a pet before despite loving animals. I will copy and paste my introductory message I posted to RO over a year ago now.

"I have never in my life had a pet. Growing up both myself and my brother had severe allergies to cats and dogs, and my parents aren't exactly animal lovers. I, on the other hand, begged and pleaded with my father for an outside dog, a gerbil, a guinea pig, a rabbit... ANYTHING. I got fish instead.I moved out in 2007 to start my university career, and since then I have been thinking about getting a rabbit and incurring "the wrath of Dad". I knew he would be FURIOUS. I came close about 10 times to just saying "Whatever" and doing it. But I never did.... until now.March 2011 was rough for me, I went through a bad break up.

The start of April rolled around, and my roommate started talking about getting guinea pigs and I started thinking about rabbits again. I started looking at the Humane Society's website, Kijiji (kind of like Craigslist, but more popular in Canada), pet stores... pretty much anywhere.

April 2 I found "Thumper". He was listed on Kijiji. His owners were getting rid of him because he didn't get along with their guinea pig, Lucky. I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with this guy. I emailed her promptly and I picked him up the very next day. I brought him home, looked at him slowly and nervously exploring his new home and said, "You're not a Thumper... You're a Tobias." And so he became Toby (Tobias is saved for when he's in trouble).

Toby has changed my life for the better, and is a bit of a star! He has been featured on petoftheday.com, dissaprovingrabbits.com, and has received upwards of 2000 "Upvotes" on Reddit!

(Links to PotD and DR)
http://petoftheday.com/archive/2011/November/15.html
http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/2011/08/tobias.html

I love him dearly and can't imagine my life without him.

yztdd.jpg

picsart-13539130953381.jpg

20121128-2332231.jpg

img-0415.jpg

2012-03-22015707.jpg

Latest posts

Back