to nueter or not to nueter..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki8jean

Reaction score
Can someone help me out with the pros and cons of nuetering my male Holland lop? He is currently 15 weeks old. If I only want one rabbit, is it necessary to nueter him? And how old should he be?

Hey!

Glad you asked... I had a single male for quite a long time, and found that neutering made him miles more approachable. Also eliminated that lovely male habit of spraying and humping :p

Rabbits can be altered as soon as they reach puberty. My vet suggested that 6 months was a safe age to spay/neuter at... This is also endorsed by theHouseRabbit Society: http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html

Here is a link to some of our Library information: Benefits of Spaying and Neutering

Neutering, in my opinion, makes an overall better pet! They are calmer (not the stero type of big fat lazy, just calmer), more personable, and friendlier. After having any fixed rabbit, male or female, most people will never have an unaltered baby again. So my vote is for Neuter!

Latest posts

Back