To Fergi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

Tell me about Big Ben, Fergi.

-Carolyn

Hmmm, he's awesome! He has such a greatpersonality for the most part. He gets to be out the later half of theday (Fergi gets morning and afternoon) and he makes sure he follows mearound to see what I am doing. He is very tolerant of the kids runningaround him and yelling and he will steal a banana off of the coffeetable if he thinks you aren't looking. If I am not giving him enoughattention he will nudge me, his nudge is turning into a push now withhis size! If that still doesn't get my attention he will pull on myclothes with his teeth. When he is happy he grinds his teeth andchatters them. He doesn't give me kisses, just my clothes or thefurniture I'm on. He doesn't seem to do to many full out binkies. Hejust runs around the house and then flops his head from side to side,the head flop is pretty cute, it seems to replace the full out binky. Ihave seen a couple of full binkies though and one of them landed himright into the TV:shock:He's not the most graceful ofcreatures! He really doesn't play with toys yet although he has startedto chew on his phone book. He does like to "dig" at blankets or towels.

The other night was my first attempt at cutting hisnails:shock:He doesn't like to be held for very long so Iwrapped him in a towel. The whole time I was clipping, he was chewingon the towel, that's what he does when he wants me to put him down,chews on my clothes. When he does this I gently pull on the base of hisears and then put my hand firmly on his head, after a couple moreseconds I let him down. Hopefully he will learn to tolerate being held,wish I could trance him but the second I get him on his back he freaksout and I don't want him to get hurt.

Can't really think of anything else, I am going to start him on 18%protein food, I read on another website that they should always havethe 18%, gonna check into that and I will let you know what I find out.We have a pretty savvy vet here and I think I will put in a call to himto ask. I am gonna get a tape measure tonight so I can measure hisears, going to get a kitchen scale too although I am sure he will betoo heavy for it soon! Don't forget that doe's get bigger than bucks!Cali has a lot of growing to do, that website I found said that theygrow until they are a year, that's when they start to fill out in theloins and shoulders. Thats a lot more growing for our bunnies!

So let's here about Cali and how she is settling in to her new home! :D

Fergi's mom

Bensounds like aLove.

I think Cali will be okay on her back if I get her in the rightmoment. I wouldn't fight it if she wasn't into it eitherbecause Godknows it's hard to hold them as it is - let alonewhen they start fighting to get down.

Cali does do full-out binkies and it just cracks meup.It's as ifsomeone'sthrowinga piece of copper-colored fur intothe air. Can'treally see it's a rabbit, youjustsee a flash of fur.

She also follows me and needs to know what Ido.Sometimes it seems as if she'schewingon myclothes, but she licks them instead. She doeskiss me. She also doesn't seem big into toys, but loves theend of her paper towel tube.

I do understand that they grow for the first year. Got Cali'snew cage for her the other day andit upset her at first - somuch that she had runny stools.Go Figure, my babygirl flies from the West Coast to the East Coast without incident, butput her in a bigger cage and shegets worried. Shequickly has learned to love it, and now even with the cage door open,she'll enjoy anap in there. She doesn't get up toeat, she just lifts her head over the bowl.(Lazybones).

She doesn't likehay, which concerns me a bit, but I give heroats and canned pumpkinevery couple of daysto keepthings moving.I hope she grows to love herhay. She also doesn't chew on anything other than herpellets, so I'll have to keep an eye on herteeth.

-Carolyn

Hey carolyn... maybe Cali is just picky about herhay, did you try different types? My buns dont care fororchard grass, but they love timothy. There are so many typesof hay out there, maybe you can find one the valley girl will like =)

and hearing your stories... I SO want a Flemmy now.

She started eating it last night, bunsforlife. Will keep your suggestion in mind though, thanks!

Last night, when it was her turn to be bouncing around, she came overto the couch, and put her chin down on the cushion in front of mebecause she was ready for being pet. She then jumped up onthe couch with me and made herself right at home.

Look at my Lazy Bones. Sometimes she won't even stand up toeat, she just leans over the bowl and chows down.

-Carolyn

Look at my Lazy Bones. Sometimes she won't even stand up to eat, she just leans over the bowl and chows down.

lol! Guin did the same thing when she lived in the condo,she'd flop down with her chin on the food bowl, so if she got hungryshe just had to dip her head. But she looks so sweet!

::sneaks over to Bunnymommy and jots down Cali's name on the bunnynap list:: ;)

Elf Mommy wrote:
What are the colored thingies in her dish?

Zupreem Parrot Treats...I think. The rabbits LOVE 'em!

They come from Buck Jones, he's On the Road Again...but he'll be back soon.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Shestarted eating it last night, bunsforlife. Will keep yoursuggestion in mind though, thanks!

Last night, when it was her turn to be bouncing around, she came overto the couch, and put her chin down on the cushion in front of mebecause she was ready for being pet. She then jumped up onthe couch with me and made herself right at home.

Look at my Lazy Bones. Sometimes she won't even stand up toeat, she just leans over the bowl and chows down.

-Carolyn
LOL.... Angel though is afraid someone will steal her pellets so she dives into the dish LOL

Latest posts

Back