to buy or not to buy (pic)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove1

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is a cute sweet little bun i stumbled upon at the pet store while buying stuff for my nic cage. i held him/her and she just cuddled im stumped on weather i should buy it or not. she/he has missing hair on its ears and im not shore why but there is a scap on one making me think it was from other buns it came in with. iv been dea set on buying from a breeder to make shore i know all back ground but this little one is a heart breaker what should do please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you'll have to decide. Let your heart & your head fight it out. But background isn't isn't always a sure sign of how the bunny will turn out.

ty lake but at least i would know medical records of the adult bunny's or cretin traits that are passed down this really shouldn't be this hard im just over thinking its :/.

i put the bunny on hold at the pet store for a week to see if there is any change on its ears if it appears to be getting better ill buy it.

She could have mites and is itching so badly that she's scratching her hair off and causing scabs. Also the cuddling usually stops the minute the bunny hits puberty. It's soooo tempting to want to save all the pet store bunnies, believe me I feel for them too! But you really don't know what medical problems you could be getting into. You might be better off with the breeder or possibly a rescue? Rescues are great deals bc they do all the medical stuff and altering so you save a ton of $$$$.

Just another point of view, not intended to offend or change your mind:big wink:

ty ape that's my major problem right now is i really don't want to spend 60 on a bunny and then add double the amount of vet bills

Yes rescues are wonderful as they're already fixed and lot of them come litter box trained! I like to use petfinder.com to look at all the cute bunnies!

Back