tips on introducing greens?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroha

Reaction score
I am trying to introduce greens to my bun and I gave him a small piece of mustard green yesterday morning and evening. Today I checked his poop, and he has these long and brown poops, kinda smells like his cecos too.. but he still has his normal ones in the mix (his normal poops are golden so I can easily tell them apart) He's 3 months so I am wondering if I should stop? Is it too early for me to give veg? I was originally planning on giving him the same veg everyday in the same size then gradually increase quantity but I am worried if I am doing it right or if the poops mean I should stop.. i'm a first time bunmom I dont have past experiences to compare to, so your guidance will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG20211105115534.jpg
    IMG20211105115534.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20211112074207.jpg
    IMG20211112074207.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1
3 months is about the time to start introducing veggies/greens, though for some rabbits that are more sensitive, waiting until the bun is a bit older might be needed.

Though it might be that your bun is just sensitive to that green, maybe because it's a cruciferous green. Maybe try something else like cilantro or parsley, or green leaf or romaine lettuce, and see if that goes any better.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/greens--veggies.html

Latest posts

Back