Tips of rabbits ears are falling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So long story short, I had 5 10 week old bunnies that were staying at my sisters house temporarily. One day she called me hysterical that one of the rabbits was not well. I drove there as fast as I could and found one of the rabbits weak and barely responsive but breathing. I also noticed that he had a slight head tilt and would only turn to the right when stood on his feet. He ended up passing an hour or two later. The other four girls seem to be OK, but I noticed two of them have some drooping in the tips of their ears. They don’t seem to be eating quite as much hay as I think they should be, but seem happy and hopping around. I haven’t noticed any issues with head tilts or coordination. But I’m very concerned it could be related to the death of the littermate. Obviously, a vet trip would be appropriate at this point, but unfortunately I can’t afford that. Would it be wise to treat within fenbendazole all in case it’s E. Cuniculi?

Back