Tippy's gonna get an NIC cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
Well, at Tippy's other mommy's, we don't have the place bunnyproofed....so we're thinking of making her an NIC cage so she doesn't have to be locked up all the time. Any suggestions of what to do with the big panels? They come in big and small and I don't want to use the big ones because she's devious and would find a way to squeeze out. Could I put them in a closet? Make a pantry? What would you do with the extras?

I think I have a pattern I like. My dad is currently making one for his bunny, and he came up with a cool shape. So in a few weeks, Tippy will have a new cage!

You could use some of the larger ones as flooring on the 2nd level [if you have one]. They need covering anyway.

You can always use the extras as they were first made to be used, in making storage cubes. 5 would make 1 cube, 9 would make 2 attached cubes etc. But can't you get the panels all the smaller openings? I thought I saw them recently on amazon or somewhere else online.

They're pretty expensive on amazon (and also, the packages that contain different sizes don't say that they contain different sizes, so I worry I wouldn't know until I opened them.)

My dad went and got some at Target and it said nothing at all on the box about two different sizes. He opened it and he had 8 small ones and like 14 big ones. If I'm going to have that happen to me, I'd rather spend half the money on it, as I don't have a whole lot to spare (but the Tipster gets whatever I do have, that spoiled little creature!).

Ooh, I can use them to re-organize Cowgirl's closet. I do so love reorganizing...

Get the panels at K-Mart, not Target. The K-Mart ones all have 1.5" holes.

I don't have Kmart? Anywhere else you can buy the ones with just one size holes?

And Katie, Tippy's already taken over the bedroom when we're in the apartment....I have a bed, and that's it. Everything else is the bunny's.

Back