Tiny'sMom or anybody else

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
I thought I would start a new thread about this,don't want to steal the march litter thread. I was wondering about thebaby who is "looking" at the camera. he is not pink like the others butmore blueish/purplely. I am concerned about his colour and if it is asign that he is not well. He is slightlysmaller than theothers and doesn't seem to be getting as much to eat.( ijust got her tonurse himalone, big belly now) but Tiny'sMomsays hemay be a tort.

med_gallery_732_157_43454.jpg

I took some pics of mom and dad.

Mom is a California cross with what I don't know.She weighs14lbs and is 1yr. My new found knowledge (thanks Tiny'sMom)tells me that she is not grayand white but a broken blue.(did I get thisright?)
med_gallery_732_157_44332.jpg

med_gallery_732_157_11647.jpg

Dad is a broken black, california cross, i'm thinking some type of lop,maybe english. the one ear always flops. He weighs 7 1/2 lbs and is 11mths.

med_gallery_732_157_49596.jpg

med_gallery_732_157_163024.jpg

I have no advice for colours, but for the little baby I would try to get one extra feeding with mom a day.

Take out the bigger babies and leave 2 or 3 of the smallest babies orjust the little guy if he's the only one with out a really roundbelly. Then get mom in the box and give her treats/pets tomake her relax and let the little ones feed for about 5minutes. I would do this once a day until the little oneseems to have caught up to the other ones in growth.

Bring an extra box with you to put the big ones in, and a towell andsomething warm like a rice filled sock that has been microwaved so theydon't get cold while waiting to go back in the nest.

--Dawn

Your doe does not look like a Broken Blue but aBroken Chinchilla. If you blow in her coat, where there iscolor, are there rings?

As far as the baby's color, it is hard to tell at this age.It appears healthy so it is just a matter of waiting for the true colorto come in. I am curious as to what it will be.

Sharon

The doe is definitely a broken chinchilla.

The little baby looks like a healthy little guy- he appears to be asolid, not a broken. In my experience he isn't dark enough to be ablue, not sure what colors are in your rabbits background- but bluetort might be a possibility. I think he might be a solid chinchilla,though.

Or maybe a sable chin or something? My chins areusually black or maybe silver (trying to remember) when they are bornwith white ears and stuff..

Peg

clarzoo wrote:
The doe is definitely a broken chinchilla.

The little baby looks like a healthy little guy- he appears to be asolid, not a broken. In my experience he isn't dark enough to be ablue, not sure what colors are in your rabbits background- but bluetort might be a possibility. I think he might be a solid chinchilla,though.

While out doing my morning chores I checked onthe babies. All have huge bellys, even the little guy. And yes Big Sisdoes have rings in her colour spots. So... she is a broken chinchilla?Life was much easier when she was just gray and white lol. The littleone is a solid not broken.

So far I've had 2 successful litters, this one being mythird. The colours have been pretty much the same, a few broken blacks,a couple of rew, blacks, 1 chinchilla? (Big Sis's deceased sister.) abroken fawn and a few with gray/black ears,nose andtail.And there was one that was a grayish colour alsofrommy doe that died (he died as well at 5weeks)What would his colour be called?

med_gallery_732_157_190952.jpg

The brownone on top , is that a chinchilla?

med_gallery_732_157_183606.jpg

I am not great with the marten family of colors,but it looks like the top picture is some type of silver marten.Possibly a blue silver marten. Perhaps a sable marten. Is that possible?

It's hard to tell what the little guy on top of the pile of siblingsis. Did he have a brownish cast to his fur, or a greyish one? I amthinking either chestnut (agouti) or chinchilla.

The babies in my last 2 pics are brother andsister, dad is the broken black and the mom was a full sister to my doeBig Sis. Same colours but with more colour on the white, This was theirMom, Little Sis.

med_gallery_732_157_173816.jpg

The little girl on top of the pic had brownish/grayish fur with verylight near the base. I'm pretty sure that these odd colours come fromthe sisters. my black doe when breed to Bucky has blacks, whites orbrokens.

Latest posts

Back