Tinas making noises we hadnt heard before

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotina

Reaction score
kinda like a meow/purr/squeak and then thumps

any idea? she is spade

last night my son saw her in a strange position with her eyes rolled back - never saw her laying like that either

She's probably just getting more comfortable in her new home.

My rabbit makes many different noises. She squeaks and thenprogresses to honks when she's enjoying a good petting session, shealso grunts when she doesn't want me to move her toys, and shehums/squeaks to herself when she grooms.

The eyes rolled back was probably her in a very deep sleep, I've got apicture of one of Wildfire's babies doing that. She was onher side in a super deep sleep and it looked like her eyes where rolledright back.

You can always give the bunny a little poke, just to make sure, andthey'll probably give you the "What, can't you see I was sleeping!"grumpy bunny face.

--Dawn

i don't have a bunny or anyhthing, but ive readsomewhere that if i bunny is thumping with its back legs, its sort ofmeans it needs some attention, or its under lots of stress, orsomething like that

Thumper, thumping means to them that there'ssome sort of danger, or they are scared. Sometimes, I thinkmine see spooks b/c I will be sitting there watching tv and one of minewill do it, and there's nothing going on. Silly bunnies.

I've heard and read of buns who thumped to get attention, too...
They're smart little creatures and will do what it takes to get noticed.

" BEHAVIOR:
Upright. Half raised on back legs, ready for flight and stomping. Eyes wild and open. AKA: Thumping.

WHAT IT MEANS:
Danger. Get underground. The phone is ringing. Stomping also means sexual excitement, happiness, or furniture has been moved.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
Run over to the bunny before the landlord hears the banging, and pet your bunny until he calms down. "
by c.r. crampton

`jim ***chuckles softly***

Jim, that is too funny...and so perfect!! :D

I don't know what happened to spook them, but the other night I wasputting my daughter to bed, and Flower was just thump-thumpin' away,and I couldn't get my daughter to fall asleep because it was soloud! I finally had to come out to the livingroom and seewhat was going on, but couldn't find anything, so I pet her until sheseemed calmer.

It was funny...both of them were all alert, ears forward, a bitstressed-looking, staring at our TV (which was off). I stilldon't know what prompted all the stress, but I guess they saw somethingI didn't. Hmm...who knows? Could have been thatsomething lost it's balance and shifted...after all, the hay doesreside right by the TV.

Hehe...cute little bunnies! :D

And... right after I posted above, Nibbles started tumping to demand my attention. She has never done that before.

[runs away in panic :bunny17:]

Latest posts

Back