Timothy hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyrabbit12345

Reaction score
What brand of Timothy hay do you all recommend feeding your bunnies and can they be found in a local pet shop ?

If you are looking for pet shop hay, I would only recommend Oxbow. It's the only brand I have ever used and trusted. It should be at your local store

I have a really picky bunny, tried every single brand at petstores. Oxbow worked for a while but after a couple bags he would refuse to even sniff it. I guess the quality changes with the season. So i just ordered from amrican pet dinner on amazon. He loves it! Loves it loves it! He eats every single piece. I am a happy mom now, for a while he wasnt eating any hay at all which made me really worried but now i couldnt be happier! Will be ordering from them now and on /)

Your most economical option is to go to a feedstore and either buy a bale of hay, or, if they offer it, a few flakes from a bale of hay. Feedstores near me will sell a trash bag with a few flakes in it for about $10. At those prices it doesn't matter if your rabbit picks through it. Any grass hay is fine for adult rabbits (e.g. timothy, orchard, coastal, meadow, bermuda, oat, wheat, barley, etc.). Some of the rabbit rescues near me buy bales of hay and bag them into smaller bags that they sell to fundraise.
Another option is to get hay from someone with a horse who will let you have a few flakes at a time.

Latest posts

Back