timothy hay is it fattening for rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylocket

Reaction score
can timothy hay be fattening for a rabbit if they have been used to dry grass

its just lucy looks more plumper or more round should i say

can anyone tell me

worried

varna xxxx

Not in the least. If Lucy is gaining weight you should look at the pellets or any treats you give her.

thanks for the info guys

well its like this lucy is on a complete

rabbit food called burges excel light as she was starting to put onabit of weight so we changed her to a more lighter one less in caloriesi suppose

well the problem is when i feed lucy i give her a slotted spoon fullmorning and night but when hubby feeds her hell put in 3 times as muchand hell say well she only has it in for 1 hour anyway andforgets to take it out of her cage

so ive decided what im going to do keep lucys food in an airtightcontainer here in the bedroom on the computer table and put her 1 scoopof her food into a beaker for the morning time

varna xxxx

and by the way she gets no treats just parsley oragano and basil but not all at the same time

lucylocket wrote:
thanks for the info guys

well its like this lucy is on a complete

rabbit food called burges excel light as she was starting to put onabit of weight so we changed her to a more lighter one less in caloriesi suppose

well the problem is when i feed lucy i give her a slotted spoon fullmorning and night but when hubby feeds her hell put in 3 times as muchand hell say well she only has it in for 1 hour anyway andforgets to take it out of her cage

so ive decided what im going to do keep lucys food in an airtightcontainer here in the bedroom on the computer table and put her 1 scoopof her food into a beaker for the morning time

varna xxxx

and by the way she gets no treats just parsley oragano and basil but not all at the same time
Hi Varna, is that the super rabbit exel light stuff? I put mybunnies on that when they were fat and they lost loads of weight. Ithink Timothy hay is fine, my buns got unlimited hay and they stilllost weight.:)

All 3 of my rabbits get unlimited Timothy Hayeveryday and they are all right on target with their weight, but I domeasure their pellets with a measuring cup.

How much does Timothy-Hay costs you for one month?

The Timothy-Hay in Germany is importedfrom the US, so it'svery expensive, because of all the customs, which have to be payed....

--> 2,27kg costs 26,75€. This would be enogh for one week...:shock:

I'm very sad about this, because my buns love that hay and I love the smell;)

sammytimothy.jpg

That's so sad, I bought a big 60 pound(27kg) bale of hay about two months ago for $8 CAN, and I'm not evenhalfway through yet. It will probably last me till Christmastime!!

Are there no farmers who grow Timothy hay in Germany? If there are,they may be willing to sell you one bale for cheap.

Unfortunately, there're no farmers who grow timothy-hay:(

A lot of people of Bunny-Communitys searched a long time, but there'sany farmer. I don't kow, why none triesto growit...

There are only different kinds of hay with little percentage of Timothy-Hay in them. But there is no pure Timothy-Hay:(

I love that sweet smell. No other sort of hay smells so sweet like it.

Try going to a feed store. I get ahuge bag of Timothy plus some grasses hay for $2. It beatsthe pure timothy box of hay I was getting from Oxbow that cost$30. :shock:

Back