Time together before bonding starts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolpigs

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ok I've done alot of reading. And the signs for my boys now Lambsie is settling down are good. The nose boxing has stopped (there was never nipping that I have seen) and Lambsie seems to be settling into life with us.

What I'm unsure of is, how long should I wait with them living side by side and just swapping their cages for I start trying to bond them? I personally feel just from my experience with animals (not buns) that it would probably be good to wait until Lambsie is happy in his new home before trying it out but I'm a little confused about what I've read as some say wait and other say do it straight away.

I was just wanting to know opinons of people that have done it before?

Thanks again guys :)

I have done both, both waited, and not waited, and I did that based on various circumstances (things like quaratining, or recovery from operations, things like that).

My advice would be go with your gut instinct. I think if you think it's right to wait, then go with that.

when i was bonding roxy and hartleybun i waited until he had had all his vaccinations and neutering until they actually met without a fence in the way. by that time they were used to each other and i had no problems. i did pick neutral ground for this meeting tho - upstairs in my house:rollseyes

im with Flashy - go with your gut instinct - you're the one seeing them interact everyday:biggrin2:

Thanks guys :) That makes me feel better. Lambsie is still on edge and I just think trying to do the bonding while he is all defensive about moving to a new home would just mean Cuddles gets boxed or bitten and it will go badly.

I agree with you on that. You know them better than anyone, even Lambsie, so I would go with what you think is right, and wait :) But make sure you keep us updated when you do start to bond :p

Just another quick question, I let them both out individually last night, in the lounge room. This was the only time Lambsie seemed upset with Cuddles, trying to box him through the cage when he came near, but cuddles layed down next to the cage while he was doing this?

Does this mean Cuddles likes Lambsie but Lambsie it going to take some time to get used to Cuddles? Lambsie is still quite upset about the move, was boxing at Cuddles whenever he sniffed him through the bars, and now only seems to do it when Cuddles is having exercise time and he isnt.

I'm confused LOL Cuddles has never shown aggression towards Lambsie that I've seen apart from a little boxing one day when Lamsbie first arrived becuase he was sick of having his nose pummelled I'm guessing :)

Latest posts

Back