Time Span btw Kits are Born

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepez

Reaction score
What is a "normal" Time span between kits being born? If its been over an hr and shes just cleaning herself and eating hay in the box..is she done?

This is a first time mom with a first time gal(me) in breeding with my English. And I dont want to lose the ONE out of 2 ( one was dead) that she had. I switched nest boxes and shes just eating in the other. I dont feel anymore. But man she was HUGE for just having 2.

Thanks

It is not healthy for them to go longer than a few minutes. If they are actively pushing and it is going on and on, minutes, hours, there is a problem. If they are, like your girl, and not pushing it is fine. Rabbits can have their babies spanned out over two-three days and it is fine if they are not in active labor.

She is probably done if you do not feel any babies, but do not be suprized if there is more later.

Yea I understand the pushing deal. Shes just munching away ..lol I think she is done. but wanted to see. I am keep checking on her every 20min..and nothing. So i hope she decides by bed time for me..LOL I think she sat on the one that was dead..so I dont want her doing that..again.
I have one live baby..a fat baby blue looks like so..I am happy..just wish there were more

I once had a doe have her litter about noon-ish or early afternoon - she had four kits.

The next day we were going out to celebrate our anniversary (for lunch) and I checked her before we left. The four kits were ok.

I checked an hour later when we got home....suddenly there were FIVE kits in the nest.

Another time I fostered four babies to a doe that lost her whole litter - it was her third try at having a litter and I figured I'd at least give her a chance to raise some since another doe had 10 babies.

When I got up the next morning - there was another kit in the litter...had to have been hers. She had it during the night - and raised it to weaning - and later went on to have two more litters.

My point? There are times when they can have more babies later. Out of about 100 or so litters - it only happened to me twice that I can remember right off...but it can happen.

Latest posts

Back