Time for spay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeachySteph

Reaction score
Ellie has always been very easy going, calm, affectionate. Until the last couple days. Suddenly she's aggressive: biting (not hard enough to draw blood) and grunting for no reason at all. She has never attempted to bite, and I have never heard her grunt until today.

Does this mean her hormones are raging and it's time for her spay? Nothing in her diet or environment has changed at all.

Usually that's around when the hormonesstart. I would contact a Rabbit Savvy Vet in your area and discuss what age they recommend.

Good Luck with your Girl.

K:)

she has a vet, I brought her in for a check up shortly after I received her. I guess I'll give them a call. It's too bad they're so far away, but isn't that how it always is when you have an "exotic" pet?

Well, my Layla is just over 6 months and I've noticed her doing circles around Mumford and mounting and she even had a false pregnancy so she's getting spayed soon too. My exotic vet is only 8 miles away though so it just depends where you're at :)

Back