Ticks & Mites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennuh

Reaction score
So before Wally was brought home, my sister took him to the vet. He said that he found atick on him and he gave us a medicine called Revolution. When I go down every morning, I find more and more dead ticks around his cage soI guess it's working for that. While I was playing with him today, I was petting his head and it looked like he had dandruff. I read that this would mean he had mites. The vet didn't say anything about him having mites, but I was wondering if this medicine would be working for that too? Or would I have to get another medicine from the vet to get rid of them?

Revolution (Selemectin) is my drug of choice for many parasites...including some intestinal ones. It is a great drug and safe when used under the direction of a skilled vet. I usually dose it once every 4 weeks for a total of 3 doses. Mites sometimes do look like dandruff...but it is moving. We call it "walking dander". But the Revolution will kill the mites. You might be seeing plain old dry skin. You can use a magnifying glass to look at the flakes to see if they are live mites. In my non-professional opinion....it's the best drug for the job you have at hand.

Randy

Back