Ticked off bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry the title is supposed to say ticked off rabbit!!

Okay so I had my daughters rabbit Norbert fixed...and well since he has been home he has been charging me and snorting at me and just being evil...but he is fine with my daughter....I am the one who feeds him most of the time why is he all the sudden being mean to me??

Will this pass as the hormones wear off. He was starting to act this way a couple of days before he got fixed.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Shannon

:) If he was just neutered, then he likely still has all his hormones intact and this it just part of his teenage bunny behavior. He will likely stop as his hormones go away in the weeks/months following the neuter. The other thing is even if he is being a bit chargy and nippy right now, he'll probably grow out of it - just watch your hands in the mean time!

Is he only charging at you in a specific area? Like when you reach into his cage? Try letting him out of the cage before reaching in to get his food dishes and things. Or try putting a hand to cover his eyes before reaching into his area.

Be careful - those bunny teeth are sharp!

:)

Nadia

HoneyPot wrote:
Be careful - those bunny teeth are sharp!

Yeah, they are!!

IA though...I would think he will definitely stops charging and grunting as his hormones wear off. That is is how it went with my bunny.

-Jenn

Back