Tick??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PupTheRabbit

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed something on Pup's eyelid. I thought it was just a stubborn crusty because no matter what it wouldn't come off. Today it was still there so I kept trying to pull it off. I finally did and saw that it had arms and legs and it was very small. Could it have been a tick?! Should I worry if it was? Do rabbits get lyme disease?

Ah someone let me know please.

I know that deer are the carriers of Lyme diseased ticks, so have you been out in the woods? And most ticks are Lyme-disease-free, so the vet should be able to reassure you.

Definitely go see the Vet. Don't know if rabbits can get lyme disease but New Jersey is definitely prevelant with problems with Lyme Disease.

if you didn't have Pup outside, I would find out how this tick got inside. Find out from your Vet what you can use too. Don't want Pup or yourself exposed to ticks.

Can't stand those things. Just like worms. Sucking the health out of our precious pets.

K:)

If you have other pets, wet walking through tall grass, even pass under a tree a tick will fall off branches or leaves and land on you due to the carbon dioxide that we breath out. Sort of the same way mosquito's find us. Remove the tick, put it in a small sandwich bag and take it to the vet. The vet will test it to see if carries diseases. I had to do this a lot with my dogs when we went trail walking and hiking.

Latest posts

Back