thumping??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furrryface

confused human
Reaction score
Picolo is a mini rex, somewhere between 3 and 5 years old (according to the rescue folks) and spayed. She's usually really easy going but tonight....

I've been up with her since 2 am trying to figure out what's wrong!

she's thumping every couple minutes.... she's got a full water bottle, a full food dish, plenty of hay, I just cleaned her litter box before bedtime, the cat was fast asleep and is just as confused as I am! (Bella is scared of Miss P and stays as far away as possible)

I know Buns thump if they are scared or mad but it sure would help if she'd speak English and just tell me what's wrong!

she could also be in a lot of pain, just expiernced this with my dutch. she was 1 and thumping none stop i stayed up with her and she stopped in the morning and i thought nothing of it next thing you know she starts looking really bad and her face just didn't look normal so i toke her to the vet and she has to be put down i can't remember what it was but it was a viral disease that came in food. Throw that food out immediately and changed foods to casltereagh feeds rabbit pellets. food i was using before was a mix from this petshop (they made it themselves).

it's totally possible she wanted attention but we are going to have serious words if she keeps that up at 2 am!!:bed:

do bunnies dream? maybe she had a nightmare?:dunno

she seems fine this morning...demanding her banana and carrot tops...certainly gonna keep a close eye on my bratty bun!:brown-bunny

mine would do it all the time ( esp. in the early mornings )

I would just get up and pet her a bit before heading back in counting sheep tripping over the back fence ..

she probably didn't get the attention that she wanted/ required before =0/

now she is getting it from you and wants more =0)

Sometimes they get spooked when they perceive something dangerous that you may never be able to figure out. Or it can be as simple as something on the floor that wasn't there before. Or a noise that no one else heard. Best thing to do is talk to her in a soft comforting voice and keep an eye on her to make sure it doesn't continue.

With bunnies it can be almost anything, could have heard or smelled something from outside that spooked her or something may have been slightly different. Next time you can try covering part of the cage with a blanket to help make her feel more secure. When I've gone away and left Bandit with other people to take care of, they've told me he often thumps the first night or two, but covering his cage with a blanket stops the thumping.

Latest posts

Back