Thumping?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its to show they are ticked off or as a warning.

My guy thumps after I put him down from clipping his nails. He hops back into this cage and then gives a good thump. He also thumps when I take him to the vet.

Mine has only done it when he was new to me and upset. Waiting for the "next" one... After it happens,try to see what is different, that would make the bun "fearful/upset. It is perplexing when you "hear" them isn't it?

My Thumper does it all the time...I think he does it more to get my attention. His cage is in my computer room and he will thump when I'm not paying him attention.

Otherwise, I don't know why he would be scared.

I have rabbits that will thump for attention as well. sometimes its the easiest way for them to make a big noise :pthough generally it is a warning or a boy i am not happy with you!! :p

Sometimes, I think they don't even need a reason, they just feel like freaking you out lol! I was wide awake really early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Steve woke up and blew his nose really loudly, and Dotty did the biggest thump I have ever heard! :shock: I swear I felt the floor wobble a bit lol! :p

I've found that my buns thump for various reasons. Toby only thumps every once in awhile, and normally it's when I've really offended him. He thumped at me after I just cleaned out his scent glands and trimmed his nails. He also thumps at our new bun, Emma, when he sees her right away in the morning.

Emma, the new bun, thumps at everything! Last night, she was thumping to get our attention. She also does it when she's mad, or when something isn't quite right. She was thumping when the hamsters were scooting around in their cages the first night she was home. It was a strange noise, and she wanted us to know that it was bothering her!

Latest posts

Back