Thumping..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliew19673

Reaction score
Baxter! when I was trying to get a good picture of him the other night (so that I could put up a photo to get him on an adoption site) thumped twice, and it was very loud. Nothing was going on around us, he had eaten and I had been sitting with him for sometime - it's almost like he hated the video camera -or knew what I was up to. He didn't bite me ( he has once before, but now understand at the time I had come up on him to quickly). For half a second I thought perhaps we were going to have an earthquake (living in Los Angeles you look to animals to know first) but not the case. He's 9 months old and not neutored so perhaps he just wanted me to pet him and not take photos of him? Curious what other more informed people may make of it.. It was Really Loud - odd.. He's acting fine since - other than he is a VERY needy mommy's boy...

Tony used to thump A LOT at that age. We'd let him out in the Xpen and he'd thump really loud a few times. I think he did it to tell us and everyone else it was HIS place and not to pester him!

Sounds like Baxter! was nervous about whatever that thing was that Foster Mama was holding. It's new, different and Scary! and he didn't like it following him or that Mama wouldn't let him play with her while it did that!

Clover thumps at me whenever I reach into her cage. WITH HER BAD LEG! she's so goofy! LOL.

Bo will let me brush and comb him and all sorts of grooming but when he's had enough, he thumps ME with both back feet and sort of growls.

Opinionated little buggers aren't they?

Wiggles would thump every timeI would say "No". I have witnesses... People didn't believe me when I told them my bunny was giving me attitude because I wouldn't let her do what she wanted... Seriously funny :p

It could be he didn't like the cam, a noise the came made, the flash, etc. Or it could be that he was saying "Look woman, can't you see that I don't want my pic taken right now?"

Hihihihi :biggrin2:

Lol, Annabel thumps when I put her back in her cage :pShe started that this week. Wiggles used to do it as well :)

Baxter! Thumped the other day when my boyfriend was in the room alone and its scared the bajeezus out of him - LOL. Hard to figure out how a 5 pound fluffy bunny came make the sound of a 10 pound weight being dropped!

Now Baxter! has learned (unfortunately) that if he pounds on the childrens gate it makes more noise than thumping.. He looks like a boxer working out when he punches it - funny but not so much so at 5:30 AM...

He's too smart for his own good I'm learning..

Oh yes, Bunnies are very smart and know when and what to do to get our attention.

*saying this as I sit in a dark and quiet house where everyone is sleeping - and suddenly I just heard a big HONK! from Clover. It appears she is in need of Mommy's attention....... * :rollseyes

Latest posts

Back